Pardon the newbness question.

HI all

First I'm typing from my phone and my fingers are not great at it. So please stomach any errors 

I just got my first Airgun a few days ago. I've kicked off the start of another hobby with a Hatsan BullBoss .25 added a Bipod, and red dot (scope later) and also got a tin of H&N Hornets. 

I dont hunt or anything. I just like to throw projectiles down range and hit objects. 

Do Air Gunners goto regular gun ranges? I dont have a big yard. Unfortunately I just moved to Northern Virgina from Minnesota (where I previously had all the room in the world) 

Aside from that! Hello! 

No clue really about land manager around here. I do know for my county, you can shoot on your private property. As far as where else is legal I'm not sure, to be honest I'm not sure where to even look for what the rules are. I only know of the one beacuse allot of people got upset that the county allowed airguns to be shot on private property in such a densely populated area.

yeah, bringing the bike pump to the range might look odd...oh well though I've looked odd before.

I have definitely been in this boat before!!!

I still want a small tank just so I don’t have to answer the question, “what’s the bike pump for?” when I take mine to the range.

I joined a range last year so I could have access to indoor 100 yard rifle lanes and recently have not only noticed fewer powder boomers mindlessly popping off rounds but have actually seen a few other airguns on the range.

I was there last week and noticed the guy next to me eyeballing my Marauder intently.

Again thanks for the tips! I'm making some time to check them out this weekend! 

Today I fired the bullboss from the front of the house, through the open sliding doors, and to the fence. The damn pellet when clean through the fence. My eyes got wide as dinner plates, and I could feel a Grinch who stole Christmas smile on my face....then my wife yelled at me.

Yes airgun shooters go to ranges to shoot. I would suggest that all airgun shooters join there local shooting club or a club that has facilities you like. Our club has a dedicated airgun range for airguns up to and including .22 cal. If your airgun is bigger you can shoot it on our regular rifle range and in our indoor range as well. You would be amazed to find out how many people own airguns and never shoot them. Before we had a dedicated range we just shot on the regular ranges. If you become active in the club you will gain a lot of new friends too.

Unfortunately, around here, the days of just walking out into the woods somewhere and shooting are over as is shooting in the back yard. Those of you who can still do that sort of thing are fortunate.

Rick