PARD NV008 vs ATN

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the topic of electronic scopes, IR, and range finders so I apologize for my “Newbie“ question.

It would seem to me if these new technology scopes have built in range finders that it should be technically possible for these devices to have the ability to be loaded with the ballistic performance of the airgun+pellet combination and to automatically set the reticle for at appropriate compensation based off the range finder.

Does the Pard or ATN have this capability or am I just imagining “possibilities” ?

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the topic of electronic scopes, IR, and range finders so I apologize for my “Newbie“ question.

It would seem to me if these new technology scopes have built in range finders that it should be technically possible for these devices to have the ability to be loaded with the ballistic performance of the airgun+pellet combination and to automatically set the reticle for at appropriate compensation based off the range finder.

Does the Pard or ATN have this capability or am I just imagining “possibilities” ?

ATN beat you to this invention haha.

Hi everyone,

ATN has that all figured out and works well.....when it works. Pard 007 LR has built in range finder but not ballistic but you can simply do hold over but I trust Pard units to work every time, all the time.

Hi everyone,

ATN has that all figured out and works well.....when it works. Pard 007 LR has built in range finder but not ballistic but you can simply do hold over but I trust Pard units to work every time, all the time.

Plus the HUGE size and weight difference. 

Plus the HUGE size and weight difference.

1593547131_20608346725efb997be26215.92925169.gif

I love these things. If they go on a good sale, I will be hard-pressed not to snatch one up! Dang they're pricey!

EDIT: Here's one on sale at Huma, one of the forum's sponsors. It's at 899 Euros instead of their usual 1059 for a lightly used, they say mint condition PardNV008lrf..

https://www.huma-air.com/DEMO-MODEL-Pard-NV008P-LRF-Digital-Night-Vision-Rifle-Scope-With-Laser-Range-Finder

That's 1062 USD at the moment, so no bargain for U.S.-based shooters, but a nice difference for you Brits and such ...

Rat setup, full blown mall ninja mode.

View attachment 93131
@Glem.Chally I know it’s an old post, but that is a serious set up. How is that Nite Site screen and hood in regards to reflecting light (or preventing reflected light) from your face or off of your shirt and eyes? Any issues spooking quarry?

I have the ATN 4K Pro with the LRF and the night ir flashlight and I think the rig weighs more than the d@@m gun! LOL The one shot zero has always worked great and the rangefinder seems to be accurate although I found that you need to change the "aiming" a bit in the night mode to get your "target" centered versus something on the side of it. Going to a gun show this weekend and hope they have the Gen 5 there. I am seriously looking at something else just to drop the weight!

@Glem.Chally I know it’s an old post, but that is a serious set up. How is that Nite Site screen and hood in regards to reflecting light (or preventing reflected light) from your face or off of your shirt and eyes? Any issues spooking quarry?
Yeah it does reflect on my face a bit, but I have the brightness down to 5-7% so it didn't cause any issues. That might be the old little monitor that died I have a 7 inch one now that has a much clearer picture.

I used to rock nite-site and fell in love with the monitor for rats as you don't need to spend hours scanning around with the eyepiece.

Yeah it does reflect on my face a bit, but I have the brightness down to 5-7% so it didn't cause any issues. That might be the old little monitor that died I have a 7 inch one now that has a much clearer picture.

I used to rock nite-site and fell in love with the monitor for rats as you don't need to spend hours scanning around with the eyepiece.
@Glem.Chally Thanks for the reply. Where did you get it? What’s it called? I tried looking up small LCD monitors, but I’m not sure that I used the right keywords.

@Glem.Chally Thanks for the reply. Where did you get it? What’s it called? I tried looking up small LCD monitors, but I’m not sure that I used the right keywords.
I think I got it from ebay or Amazon, new one is "Viltrox DC-70" I guess people use them for displays for digital cameras etc. If you search battery operated video monitor might get more hits.

Reactions: Ezana4CE