• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PARD NV008 vs ATN

I have and use nite site for my infrequent dark pesting. Reasonably wide fov. Just wonder whose tried these 2 and have opinion. I have used ATN, Thought it heavy and "glichy"

Listened to more than 1 reviewer who said they were coerced to refrain from giving critical review.

I've been watching for some time and have seen nothing but favorable reviews and comments for PARD. Light weight , easy zero and operations

I am in the same boat, been waiting to pull the trigger on the Pard NV007. The reviews have been very good for the Pards both 007 and 008 and have personally heard about some glitches with the ATN. 90% of what I shoot is long range so I am opting for the 007 as it gives me the magnification from my scope, but the 008 looks great. The only bad thing I heard about the 008 was that a few people had issues with the mount. Best of luck!

Yes there is a set deal with the mount. Nothing that isn't easily compensated for. About the 007, the British shooters say it has limited FOV. For a 1lb scope, I'd just as soon not have attachment hanging off scope. 008 or 008lrf.

I have a mark 3 laser range finder that I use on nite site. Its 300 to get lrf model ( 699 vs 999)

Deliveries from China are taking a month!

I have not found my updated software ATN K4 glitchy. But I find some operator error, ya me, pushing the wrong button. Not a big problem but one MUST take the time to learn this computer TV screen scope. I have the ATN mounted on a Crown setup with 380mm 22 barrel and killed over2500 pests with it. It is heavy with the distancer on. I find it very good in low light with no xtra light to target a pest where a convetional scope would not work.

Personally I love the 007, it doesn’t have range finder so that could be an issue if you hunt new places but I know my backyard and in California we can not hunt at night anyways. 008 looks great but 007 works amazingly well if you have a descent scope. Far clearer than ATN at anything pass 20 yards, at 30 yards the ATN is already having trouble with clarity and identification but the 007 is clear and sharp because it’s looking through a real scope. Also as with an add on the zero and hold over are the same, I honestly regret getting the ATN and trying to return it has been a nightmare. If you have a good scope and big LR spotlight the 007 will be just as sharp/clear at night at 100 yards as at 20 yards, try that with ATN or 008. 

as far as field of view it’s whatever your scope is, during the day it doubles as scope cam AND it can add magnification to your scope because it has up to 3.5 digital zoom. I found it rather useful because I currently have 4-16 scope and at 80-100 yards it’s hard to see so I put the 007 on and wow! I do have a 6-24 scope on the way and I can’t wait to try the 007 on the new scope. 

edit: calling my ATN 4k pro glitchy is an understatement of epic proportion! Not a single issue with the 007

I've also been comparing the ATN X-Site 4K Pros with the Pard NV008s and NV008-LRS.. 
There were a few decent video reviews - But of all of them, Steve Allen's have to be the all time best! 
He was a big fan of the ATN, and has now switched over to the Pards. His videos explain and show why. 
They cover all of the pros and all of the cons of each - Both unarguable facts as well as personal preferences. 

Before any research into what the reviewers and users had to say, 
I e-mailed the Pard company directly in hopes of obtaining some additional information, etc.
That was months and months ago - Followed up by a few more e-mails, annnd still no response.. 
Back then, I don't think there were any US based *authorized dealers* but I could be wrong.. 
That sort of bothered me.. I don't care how big or small a company is.. You Respond One Way Or Another. 

With ATN, they'd been around long enough to see how the company and how dealers responded, 
as well as dealt with things.. To this day, it's hard to get a straight forward answer with anything.. 

I have a hand full of scopes already: Nikons, Discoveries, and now a Bushnell.. 
As much as I'd like to try out a fully digital / stand-alone scope, I might just opt for the Pard 007 'Add-On'. 
At least that way, I could bounce it around from scope to scope / rifle to rifle with a bit less hassle.. 
I also already have a mini digital range finder, so, another bell/whistle there..

Decisions Decisions..

Sam -

I have the 008lrf and am very happy with it. I bought a battery powered 5 inch monitor and have it mounted to the impact. Has an mini hdmi output so i use it as a display for night shooting. Works amazing, lrf has the built in rangefinder that displays on the screen with the push of a button. Adjustable red dot laser and on and on. Super light and works great day or night. Google my name i have a few rat videos on YouTube under glem chally if you're into that. Shows it at work well.

Edit: Yeah i watched that steve allen review at least dozen times waiting for it to come haha

Reactions: idaho_varminter
Glem, Great info man, thanks! 
I'm not sure if I've seen your pesting videos yet, but, I'll be sure to check into them! 
Dirt-napping rodent vids are some of my all time favorites.. Especially at night.

It's nice to hear that you're so happy with your 008lrf. They really are extremely feature-packed, 
and the components and firmware is so much more up to date. [Compared to the ATN versions]

Nice setup too! I can't wait to get some sort of a night-sight-setup, it looks like an absolute blast!

Qball, Thanks for the heads up!
Yeah, with "digital magnification", there's definitely drawbacks.. Most definitely and especially at higher mag powers.. 
Clarity and pixelation come into play, and the stand-alone / all-in-one units are more "dedicated",
so easier left on just one gun.. That's where think the 007 shines.
With it's lower mag, image quality is still super clear w/o having to require so much 'light' 
and the fact that that low mag will increase "optical magnification" of whatever scope it's attached to is even better! 
While I've heard/seen issues regarding center clarity being great but fading off towards the far outsides of the picture, 
that doesn't deter me - as much..
Still better to have killer clarity where it counts the most.

Hmm.. I wonder how the 007 attached to the back of an 008lrf would work out? Uh-Oh.. Sam, stop thinking! 🤣

👍

Sam -​​​​​​​

While I've heard/seen issues regarding center clarity being great but fading off towards the far outsides of the picture, 
that doesn't deter me - as much..

not sure what you mean but the 007 is as clear as the scope is. Also it does take some work to get it to focus correctly but once set it is far beyond my expectation.

I just impulsively ebay purchased the 008LRF+, estimated shipping window, lol, is July 20 - Sept 18!

The ebay pardnightvision store had real low sale count but all the buyers gave.100% rating.

AliExpress promised similar shipping times and no reviews or ratings.

The new Plus features are what sold me:

Upgrade to SONY OLED SCREEN, electronic compass

Inbuilt 600M Laser Range Finder
New colour reticles
Redesigned mount inc more mounting point locations.
6.5 Optical 13x Digital Magnification
Picture in Picture upto 26x

I tested the 007 at longer range during my camping trip last weekend and I was able to easily see and hit 1 inch targets at 65 meters or around 70 yards in pitch darkness with built in illuminator! Impressed is an understatement!

They are awesome! Add a good dual 18650 flashlight and it can stretch way out. I have two of those flashlights mounted on my impact. Able to see 400m!

Mall ninja mode 
1593118533_19103130825ef50f45e28a74.93133039.jpg

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Two is always better than one!

1593126703_16643015755ef52f2fa870d6.37459787.gif

Haha tough to argue with that! Having one light on the side of the barrel wasnt great as the shroud would block the light on the opposite side. 2 beats one no doubt, also got some high quality (japanese) sanyo and lg 18650s that are 3500mah. Had them in there on for 3+ hours last time and when i got home put them on the charger and were still around 80% capacity. Worth it for the good stuff no doubt.