• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other PARD NV008 or PARD NV007V

HKVP9

Mar 26, 2020
CT
So I’m looking at alternatives to a Sightmark Wraith as it seems really heavy on my gun. I found a PARD 008 brand new in the box for $400 or best offer or a PARD 007V for $338+? I like the idea of the clip-on as I can use my Athlon which is super nice and just snap on the PARD 007V. But I honestly have no experience with either one? I am heavily leaning towards the NV007 clip-on. Is there any reason to decide on the NV008 over the NV007V? Thanks again for all the awesome advice!

Reactions: Dogowsky
And probably huge money. I’m trying to keep within a tight budget.
I ordered the non-LRF version…

IMG_1108.jpeg

PARD has a sale on now that is great prices but a problem if they are no longer going to make scopes. I have both the NV007S, NV007SP-LRF and an NV008S-LRF. I use them all! The clip-ons work very well with the scopes I have. I have no problems shooting game at under 100 yards with either scope. I do use the NV008 at night more often simply due to the LRF ranging as my thermal monocular doesn't have a range finder in it.

I also have the Arken Zulus on order with the 25% off. One with the LRF and one without. The clarity of the scope on the videos that are available for the price point seems to be outstanding. The 5-20 may be too much for the sub 20 yard hunting, but I have the PARDS for that distance!

Reactions: L.Leon
I did the clip on, it wasn’t for me. My suggestion if you go that route is to buy an eaglevision attachment piece, from all my forum reading it makes it much better. I always have one of my rifles set up for night duty, so I went with the NV008. The Arken wasn’t out yet, or I probably would have bought that. I have no complaints about the NV008. I bought a ZB rail mount so I can adjust it physically, not digitally. I highly suggest you do that same if you go that route. I like my crosshair in the center of my picture. Mine is currently sitting on a P35, while my Notos is under construction.

IMG_1530.jpeg

So I’m looking at alternatives to a Sightmark Wraith as it seems really heavy on my gun. I found a PARD 008 brand new in the box for $400 or best offer or a PARD 007V for $338+? I like the idea of the clip-on as I can use my Athlon which is super nice and just snap on the PARD 007V. But I honestly have no experience with either one? I am heavily leaning towards the NV007 clip-on. Is there any reason to decide on the NV008 over the NV007V? Thanks again for all the awesome advice!
Until very recently you could buy a 007V for just over $200. I got mine shipped to my door for $203 during their black Friday sale, but for about 3 weeks after that I kept getting pop up ads for it at $208.

I've been playing with it for a few weeks now, (it took about 1 week to arrive), and for a $203 scope that uses your existing optic it's pretty good. In the dark at 50 yards i couldn't see some of the small targets that I sometimes shoot in the daytime, but I could see and hit cans easily enough. It's not great quality night vision, but you're not going to get that for that price.

It does take up 3-4" and it does position your head awkwardly to the rear.

Reactions: L.Leon
Until very recently you could buy a 007V for just over $200. I got mine shipped to my door for $203 during their black Friday sale, but for about 3 weeks after that I kept getting pop up ads for it at $208.

I've been playing with it for a few weeks now, (it took about 1 week to arrive), and for a $203 scope that uses your existing optic it's pretty good. In the dark at 50 yards i couldn't see some of the small targets that I sometimes shoot in the daytime, but I could see and hit cans easily enough. It's not great quality night vision, but you're not going to get that for that price.

It does take up 3-4" and it does position your head awkwardly to the rear.
Thank you for your honest insight…

Where did you guys see Pard is no longer going to make scopes?
@B_y_r_o_n - Do you have more insight on PARD no longer making scopes?

Sorry guys I actually mis-spoke. What I meant was that features and spec's of the Arken Zulus will put the PARD NV008 series of scopes out of business. I say this and I own a PARD NV008S LRF.

I have both the Pard007S and Pard008LRF. In my opinion, the Pard008 with the laser range finder is a much better unit to use because of its LRF feature. More expensive but well worth it in my opinion. It works great for my rats shooting, a perfect setup with my HW100T.

I bought the Pard007S clip on because I wanted to use it with my other rifles. There are some homework you will need to do first. First of all, you would want to get a scope that has low magnification like a 2X or 3X if you want to shoot close range or you want to scan the field with a wider field of view. I mounted it on my Impact MK2 which I had an Element Helix 6-24x50mm scope. The Pard007S unit has a zoom factor of 3x so making the field of view too tight. I had lots of problem trying to scan for coyotes out to 40 years. I bought the Element Helix 2-16x50mm to solve that problem.

Also, with the clip on, it is a PITA to aligned the scope perfectly in the centre. I had to record and turned the mounting bracket just to have a perfectly levelled cross-hair. It is not that critically if you don't care about watching back the videos after.

All in all, they are great units to have for night time shooting. There are other brands out there, but I do like my PARDs. Good luck.

ps. you can watching some of the recorded footages in my channel. Air Rifle Pesting

You may want to look into the Arken Zulus. The Pard are no longer made and are being liquidated. The Zulus is new with better spec's than the Pard NV008S LRF.
B_y_r_o_n thanks so much for the heads up on the Arken Zulus. I went and checked it out and it is quite affordable at the sale price. It sucks that they are saying 6-8 weeks out before we can get one in hand but it will be worth the wait I'm sure.

Reactions: Airgun Al
B_y_r_o_n thanks so much for the heads up on the Arken Zulus. I went and checked it out and it is quite affordable at the sale price. It sucks that they are saying 6-8 weeks out before we can get one in hand but it will be worth the wait I'm sure.
So I pulled the trigger on a Zulus last night. Didn't want to miss out on the 25% off deal. Now the long wait starts!