PARD NV007 Hunting Day &Night Vision Optics

Keep the reviews coming.

I mounted a 3-18 34mm discovery on my shorty taipan and am already missing my compact discovery that is on a prod now. Both discovery scopes work great with the unit. I purposely moved the new scope forward anticipating a long 4” pard mounted on the back. My weld is now on the barrel with just the scope, haha. 

I made a slip in butt pad for my taipan.

My batteries go quick using the really good on board ir light. I plan to have t38 lights on top with rat tail, waiting on 34mm adaptor. 

I have a photon and like the night owl it is great at what it does but for not switching scopes or having a dedicated nv I think I might sell the photon. I’m on the fence as the photon, not looking throught a scope is more sensitive and my extreme convertion has a great picture. Love it uses photography lenses and almost bought a zeiss lens just to say or think I have a zeiss nv unit/photon, haha.

TIP: I ordered some 42mm binocular caps and the retaining band fits good on the adaptor and the cap was just loose but I added some soft sided adhesive velcro around 3/4 of the lip of the pard adaptor to snug up the bino cap. Works good, looks clean and feel better now dust isn’t just “collecting” on the back end of my scopes. 

Sorry for the long posts but I like this stuff or should say really hate rats. 

Well, I finally had a chance to use the PARD NV007 in the daytime shooting target and some squirrels and rabbits. BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front) - not recommended.

No matter how you focus, the sight picture is muted, dull and not crisp, even on a good scope like a Bushy Engage 4-16x44 or a Hawke Air Max 3-12x40. Additionally, its hard to get the scope lined up with your eyes for a 100% view of the viewfinder inside the unit. I did this with a bull pup (Taipan Mutant .22), so maybe it would be better with a carbine or regular rifle, but I haven't tried that. 

I do recommend this for night shooting, since it gives a very good sight picture with additional IR light. It is similar to the Night Owl as far as clarity and brightness. Yes, you can use it with your already installed scope, or move it from scope to scope, or gun to gun, which is the major benefit aside from recording video. If you only have one gun set up for night shooting, stick with the Night Owl, unless you are really wanting to record your night shots. If I had to do it over again, I'd just keep the Night Owl and not buy the PARD NV007

This PARD NV007 unit does not have the Centercut SoA (stamp of approval)... My recommendation is to get a Night Owl and external IR light for night shooting, and a SideShot for daytime filming. The PARD NV007 would be OK to use for night filming through the scope if that's your desire...

Reactions: mmahoney
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF_Yi9JpHLk&feature=youtu.be

1551729623_5305473645c7d83d7b72ed3.14268333_2019_0304_124634_002.JPG
1551729624_2145803555c7d83d8229210.22945284_2019_0304_124639_003.JPG