PARD NV007 Confusion

Hi all,
I’m interested in getting a Pard NV007 but I’m a little confused. I see two models offered, the S and V. The price difference is around $200. I’d like to get it with a 12mm lens and 940nm IR wavelength. I found this configuration with the NV007V on B&H Photo in NY for $339. But they also have a NV007S for $539, which is what Amazon gets for that same unit. Other than the S being ”waterproof” and the S being “water resistant”, is there anything that makes the S worth so much more than the V? I’m just curious to know what the real difference is between the two. Thanks!
Mike

Hey @MikeyJ I see you're in Millbrook. I'm in Brewster. Always good to know there are fellow air gunners nearby. I was curious so I reached out to Pard about the infrared question, hopefully they respond. Never realized there were options. I have an ATN X-Sight 4K, their illuminators appear to all be 850nm
Yes, we’re fairly close!

If you look at Pard’s website, you’ll see the options on the pull down menus. My biggest issue now is the fit with my scope’s 40mm eyepiece. I don’t want to have to use tape for a tight fit, so a third party adapter is probably needed. I’ve seen a lot on the Eaglevision adapters, but that’s nearly a third of the price of the Pard.

The main difference is the size of the units.
One is around 3.5” of additional length to your scope, this lines up with normal eye relief and the other is like 5” additional to your scope so 1.5-2” longer to normal eye relief.
Soooo with the older, cheaper model v, be prepared to have your cheek weld moved back 1.5-2” by the use of an adjustable stock or add on butt pad. No need for a perfect weld just view the screen.

One is around 3.5” of additional length to your scope, this lines up with normal eye relief and the other is like 5” additional to your scope so 1.5-2” longer to normal eye relief.
Soooo with the older, cheaper model v, be prepared to have your cheek weld moved back 1.5-2” by the use of an adjustable stock or add on butt pad. No need for a perfect weld just view the screen.
Thanks!

I reached out to Pard about the infrared question
Here's the response from PARD on the difference in wavelength options. So Yes, you are correct, the 940nm is not visible to animals:

850nm is the standard IR Illuminator, this has the small red glow and maybe seen by some animals. 850 gives the most range of the 2 options

940nm is a higher wavelength and is not visible to animals; its sometimes called stealth or covert - it doesn't have the red glow, but the trade off is less range (40m-50m)

Here's the response from PARD on the difference in wavelength options. So Yes, you are correct, the 940nm is not visible to animals:

850nm is the standard IR Illuminator, this has the small red glow and maybe seen by some animals. 850 gives the most range of the 2 options

940nm is a higher wavelength and is not visible to animals; its sometimes called stealth or covert - it doesn't have the red glow, but the trade off is less range (40m-50m)
I’m glad you got confirmation!.
Thanks!

Yes, we’re fairly close!

If you look at Pard’s website, you’ll see the options on the pull down menus. My biggest issue now is the fit with my scope’s 40mm eyepiece. I don’t want to have to use tape for a tight fit, so a third party adapter is probably needed. I’ve seen a lot on the Eaglevision adapters, but that’s nearly a third of the price of the Pard.
@MikeyJ But since I got the Eaglevision adapter I have not used the factory collars. I still use a little tape with the Eaglevision adapter. You may be able to get away with a single wrap of camo tape. The purpose is to prevent the collet collar from scratching or marking the scope tube.

@1shooter There is an adjustable Eaglevision mount that can be used to slide the scope forward and backwards without removing it from the rail. It is heavy, but works well to prevent the Pard from kicking your face off the butstock. I’ll edit this post with a link to my thread showing this setup in a minute. Edit: see post #31 here -> https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...vice-and-criticism-are-welcome.1099111/page-2

Good to know Ezana4CE

(not sure that would work my taipan)

Made a slip on butt stock extender to help solve my no space for face problem, or more accurately short length of pull problem on the shorty.

Thought about trying the new s version but If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, plus it will keep me less broke as well.

Also, having the long, old version keeps my head from leaning forward so is more comfortable as their is less strain as I’m in a more natural position of looking forward.

Dont use it much either

Reactions: MikeyJ
Good to know Ezana4CE

(not sure that would work my taipan)

Made a slip on butt stock extender to help solve my no space for face problem, or more accurately short length of pull problem on the shorty.

Thought about trying the new s version but If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, plus it will keep me less broke as well.

Also, having the long, old version keeps my head from leaning forward so is more comfortable as their is less strain as I’m in a more natural position of looking forward.

Dont use it much either
Thanks. I’ll have to figure out if the size difference is worth $200 more. I’m thinking maybe not.

@d3vnull Thats not it. Check out the photos in post#31 linked in an earlier reply in this thread.
Infinity Forward Elevation Adujstable Scope Mount 30mm Ring Picatinny FAE-L50

Reactions: d3vnull