• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pard - Extended battery cap

I have a Pard NV008S arriving soon. In reading through the documentation that I could find it will only take a 16850 flat top battery. These are non protected batteries and as it turns out protected versions are longer and will not fit. I just ran across an extended battery compartment cap:

extended cap.1651781071.jpg

These caps will allow the use of protected versions of the 18650 battery. I'm curious if anyone has one or tried them out, looking for feedback.

Thanks!

I have a Pard NV008S arriving soon. In reading through the documentation that I could find it will only take a 16850 flat top battery. These are non protected batteries and as it turns out protected versions are longer and will not fit. I just ran across an extended battery compartment cap:

These caps will allow the use of protected versions of the 18650 battery. I'm curious if anyone has one or tried them out, looking for feedback.

Thanks!

I haven’t, but if you do let us know how it works. Where’d you find an 008s in stock?

Thanks!

I haven’t, but if you do let us know how it works. Where’d you find an 008s in stock?

Pard has a USA authorized store. I found two references for the extended cap, one in UK and the other in NL if I remember correctly. One mentioned that the new units may come with an extended cap. As soon as I can I'll let everyone know once it arrives.

What do you mean by protected?

Protected LI and other rechargeable batteries have circuits built in that protect the battery from things like being over charged, run down to no charge, over pressure, and several other things that can damage the battery.

Thanks for clearing that up. So this would be a good thing for all of us pard users. I’m also interested if this cap will work on the nv007. 

do you mean by protected?

Protected LI and other rechargeable batteries have circuits built in that protect the battery from things like being over charged, run down to no charge, over pressure, and several other things that can damage the battery.

Thanks for clearing that up. So this would be a good thing for all of us pard users. I’m also interested if this cap will work on the nv007.

Yes, it will work on them too.

Well, I received my Pard NV008S LRF today. It came with a Pard flat top battery but nothing in the documentation as to it being able to take a protected 18650 battery. If you have a NV008P can you measure the battery cap so I can see if this one on the NV008S is any deeper.

I have to say, it's going to take a little time to get used to all the options/setting this thing has. First impression is I LIKE IT!

So I took some measurements this morning. One of the things I noticed is that the battery cap on my NV008S has a step that hits the outer edge of the battery and keeps the spring from being totally collapsed and possibly damaged. It measured 0.378" or 9.60mm from the edge of the cap to the step. With the flat top battery resting on the inside "+" end of the battery 0.328" or 8.32mm sticks out of the housing.

If we can compare measurements from an earlier NV008 or NV008P we might be able to determine if a protected version of the battery.

Go to 18650 batteries. com. There's many flat tops to pick from.
@Reedmosser Thanks. I have found a site, it's just the different maximum charging currents, discharging currents, voltages, "Wh" (which I assume means "watt hours"), and some more stuff. The manufacturer (Pard) left us hanging out to dry on the details. It's a little confusing. I don't want to fry my unit and i cant find any protected 18650 flat-top batteries, but I need more. In a pinch I swapped baterries between a torch and my Pard 3400 to 3200mAh. I figured there was enough juice to light my way back to the road and it worked out. I guess they don't make protected flat-tops.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
So I took some measurements this morning. One of the things I noticed is that the battery cap on my NV008S has a step that hits the outer edge of the battery and keeps the spring from being totally collapsed and possibly damaged. It measured 0.378" or 9.60mm from the edge of the cap to the step. With the flat top battery resting on the inside "+" end of the battery 0.328" or 8.32mm sticks out of the housing.

If we can compare measurements from an earlier NV008 or NV008P we might be able to determine if a protected version of the battery.
@B_y_r_o_n Good news. I got a button-top 18650 battery to fit and power on my NV008s. I didn’t measure anything I just stuck it in and screwed on the cap. Then I powered it off and removed the battery as it was a flashlight battery that I was going to use. The spring felt like it collapsed to me. As I screwed it down it got tight, but didn’t leave a noticeable gap revealing any threads.

8E9E8006-4675-4C19-A5B3-7ACDC7083D51.jpeg

E16480D9-822A-44A1-9A54-56825C112BD7.jpeg

7F89BD80-FE67-4F80-9CAD-36714CEF8D83.jpeg

Last edited: