Pard DS35RF...anyone bit the bullet yet?

Yep - ran into the same issue with rings and running out of adjustment room. I assume it a limitation of the size of the front center and moving the image around to keep the reticle centered. For my 10 yards I needed about 14 Mil of adjustment and the digital limit appears to be around 10.

I went with the Eagle Vision rings because Penchetta has them at a really good price. Should be here Monday.
I don’t see any 30 millimeter rings at pancetta all I see are 34s

Based off of this review, I used FX No Limit mounts on mine...
But I've still not sighted it in. Today was rainy and I'm a fair weather shooter.

The focus is touchy for sure. Unfortunately, I didnt get to do much with it at all today. Hoping for decent weather tomorrow so I can go sight in.
Yeah, I bought a set of FX rings for one of my guns, and they were horrible. I mean they were just horribly machined.

@HogKiller I imagine that you can shim the rings you have in the interim.
I did, I just didn't tighten them down correctly, don't want to break the PARD. Just enough to test and get it good, next will be out to 30 yards, almost the max of my backyard. I mounted it on my Sapsan, which I thought had a -20 MOA rail but, who knows. I may toss another .010" under the back for a total of .040" rise. I'll guess the Eaglevisions should be in by Friday, good enough. The FX's I had was so far off center, windage, I'd have needed to shim it, the gap was very visible and no amount of tightening would center it. Eventually the PARD will go on one of my Mavericks, I'm going to guess the compact .22

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Just installed the update, it was like WTH is happing, as in no lights nothing, and frankly I'm not sure how in the heck I did it. I don't know if it was just when i shove in the card, when i TRIED to turn it on, or put the card in with it on but....somewhere along the line the firmware loaded. Now for a bit more zoom, yeah I'm greedy but I'm getting faster at navigating the menus. I still have my Man Card, haven't read the entire manual so I should still be in good standing. The stepped magnification is nice. I'll have to go out and play after I finish a clients job.

Just installed the update, it was like WTH is happing, as in no lights nothing, and frankly I'm not sure how in the heck I did it. I don't know if it was just when i shove in the card, when i TRIED to turn it on, or put the card in with it on but....somewhere along the line the firmware loaded. Now for a bit more zoom, yeah I'm greedy but I'm getting faster at navigating the menus. I still have my Man Card, haven't read the entire manual so I should still be in good standing. The stepped magnification is nice. I'll have to go out and play after I finish a clients job.
Yep - my experience as well. I put in the card and then no power, no lights, nothing. I thought I had bricked the thing. I was popping out the SD card, power button was doing nothing, tried swapping batteries, plugging in the USB-C. Finally about 5 minutes later it powered back - phew!!!

I like the stepped zoom, but noticed the reticle doesn't grow with the zoom until you hit the 2x digital zoom so if you're using the Mil scale it's not accurate in the middle zoom ranges. Once I get my adjustable mounts I'll have to test how it impacts the ranging/ballistics function. It also changed the way the indicators on the side show up as the top knob seems to become zoom in/out with left right turns now.

@ctshooter The reticle doesn’t enlarge with the zoom? Damn. That’s when the shooter would have more need for the subtensions. Thanks for sharing that info.

That’s wild about the update. I’m glad I’m reading this thread. I’d probably panic and mess up something trying to install an update. My first thought would also have been “Damn. I bricked it.”

So will any new units coming from the shop have the new update?

How are you guys liking the unit? Are they simple to use or overly complicated?

Still trying to find either a dedicated scope, or a clip on unit.
I've not had a ton of use out of mine yet, but I will say that the controls are easy. I had an ATN that I just couldnt get used to the controls with. Then got a NV008 and still have it. Much easier than the ATN... and now this DS35 is even easier.