• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pard DS35RF...anyone bit the bullet yet?

Let us know how things go. Will be waiting with anticipation with you
Yes, sir... will do. I can say that I have tried the ATN and the Pard NV008. I like the NV008 due to its ease of controls. I'm just not much of a 'techie' guy these days. I'm hoping the DS35 is even easier.

@HogKiller - and the perfect time for that is at night! I have a friend that has coyotes in his back yard and they tease his dogs in his backyard fence. But taking one of our guns out during the day and shooting and have a neighbor who does not recognize an air rifle will definitely call the law!

To stay on point, I like the PARD products and have had ATN products to compare them to. I have a Gen 5 X-Sight that I am just not bonding with (after 4 returns) and always pick up the gun with the NV008 or NV007. And I got the NV007 to fit on my Immersive Optics 14x15 prismatic scope! I will say that the viewing is not as good as on a regular scope due to the almost zero eye relief, but I managed to take a rabbit at 71 yards the other night, so I would say it was "adequate"!
The 'almost zero' eye relief on my NV008 is something I'm not a fan of. I wear glasses and so I cannot use the rubber cup without smudges and I've not figured a way to remove it without tearing it off so I fold it back. Apparently the eye relief on the DS35 is more 'scope like'.

The 'almost zero' eye relief on my NV008 is something I'm not a fan of. I wear glasses and so I cannot use the rubber cup without smudges and I've not figured a way to remove it without tearing it off so I fold it back. Apparently the eye relief on the DS35 is more 'scope like'.
From what I've seen in more like a mini-tv, lots of eye relief. I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: Rob_in_NC
From what I've seen in more like a mini-tv, lots of eye relief. I'm looking forward to it.
Just came in about 10 min ago. Havent mounted it or anything, but did turn it on and yes... eye relief is GREAT... feels more like a traditional scope. In meeting now, but when done, I'll at least take it outside and get a better idea of the image quality.

Well is your meeting done yet.!?!?! I mean come on man there are some of us waiting! Lol
It's not, but I did sneak out to check and wow. No, it's not like a high end glass scope, but the difference between this and the NV008 with clarity is stunning. With the current sale going on, I'm resisting the urge to buy another. It's that good. Of course, I'm in the honeymoon phase and this is only my first impression, but it's impressive so far.
The controls are also MUCH more intuitive so far than on the NV008.

It's not, but I did sneak out to check and wow. No, it's not like a high end glass scope, but the difference between this and the NV008 with clarity is stunning. With the current sale going on, I'm resisting the urge to buy another. It's that good. Of course, I'm in the honeymoon phase and this is only my first impression, but it's impressive so far.
The controls are also MUCH more intuitive so far than on the NV008.
Glad to hear about the improvements over the NV008. I might cave in on this one with the price drop.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Just came in about 10 min ago. Havent mounted it or anything, but did turn it on and yes... eye relief is GREAT... feels more like a traditional scope. In meeting now, but when done, I'll at least take it outside and get a better idea of the image quality.
Two questions, what size rings does it take and where was the shipping from? I've got something coming in from Reno from a company I don't recognize.

Two questions, what size rings does it take and where was the shipping from? I've got something coming in from Reno from a company I don't recognize.
Optimax-Hopkins and yes... from Reno. It was interesting, I never got a shipping notification. But yesterday when I went into my account on Pard, I saw that there was a FedEx tracking number. 30mm but it comes with rings. I got a set of No Limit rings I'll use with it for the added adjustability at range, but it does come with a set of rings.

That PARD TD32-LRF looks very interesting, but for me with most shots under 50 yards, I need something with a starting point of 1X or 1.5X like I have on my thermal. If they come out with one with those requirements I will immediately 'click-to-buy'.

HogKiller: Please do a full review when you receive your TD32!

This gentleman did a fine review on the TD32.

Reactions: woogie_man
One review of thermal that I've read said that the drawback is you can have a jungle in front of you and not see it, ok, slight exaggeration but vegetation doesn't show up, where as with NV you can see obstacle's.
@HogKiller In my experience it is tough to see grasses and young or thin branches or vines via thermal. Wood (tree trunks, and branches with roughly a finger sized diameter) could be seen with my AGM units. When viewing animals within brush or a thicket, the parts of the animal least most exposed show up the best. other parts can be obscured and do not show up. I have also seen just about an animal's entire shape through some grass and young saplings. when I turned the IR on I saw all of that mess and was a bit disappointed. Range definitely seems to come into play

Last edited:
Optimax-Hopkins and yes... from Reno. It was interesting, I never got a shipping notification. But yesterday when I went into my account on Pard, I saw that there was a FedEx tracking number. 30mm but it comes with rings. I got a set of No Limit rings I'll use with it for the added adjustability at range, but it does come with a set of rings.
SWEET mine will be here today, now to decide which gun it's going on. I'm running -20 moa on my rails now and that's perfect for my use. As there are no real optics in the thing almost anything would do it. Of course NOW I've got a client that is in an all fired rush for a job, tonight no less, that's going to interfere with my fun times. I still may need a new gun, oh the decisions. I'm suppose to have it by 2....let the pacing begin.

SWEET mine will be here today, now to decide which gun it's going on. I'm running -20 moa on my rails now and that's perfect for my use. As there are no real optics in the thing almost anything would do it. Of course NOW I've got a client that is in an all fired rush for a job, tonight no less, that's going to interfere with my fun times. I still may need a new gun, oh the decisions. I'm suppose to have it by 2....let the pacing begin.
It's a vicious cycle... I'll probably put it on a .30 Maverick, but then what will I do with the scope currently on it? May need another gun for that scope... then if I get another Pard, then what gun do I put that on and what do I do with THAT scope... or do I sell the NV008 and get another DS35? Never ends!

Ok, pacing over. The short pre pre pre over view, they used bubble wrap ON TOP of the box holding the unit, lot of good that did but the packaging of the scope in it's box is great, UPS would have broken it but that is UPS. While I haven't really dug into the scope I can say, IF my eyes were good enough to read the manual I would, yeah small print, took the tape off of the battery, found the instructions for the power, powered it up, hold for 3 seconds, on and off. and hole E heck it is awesome. Started cranking out the diopter and out and out and out and finally started getting the screen into focus, need to tweak it more when on a rifle, controls are easy enough even for me, the reticle selection is fine, I personally prefer green but you have choices. Now to charge up the battery, toss in a card and attempt to read the manual, being a male it's something I'm loathe to do. Looking through a glass at a fence 35 yards away in early evening no sun, picture is a touch grainy but still darn good. Really anxious to try the night vision.So for first impressions, whip out the old CC and grab one. Oh eye relief, is like into the next room, ok slight exaggeration but....4" PLUS.

Ok, pacing over. The short pre pre pre over view, they used bubble wrap ON TOP of the box holding the unit, lot of good that did but the packaging of the scope in it's box is great, UPS would have broken it but that is UPS. While I haven't really dug into the scope I can say, IF my eyes were good enough to read the manual I would, yeah small print, took the tape off of the battery, found the instructions for the power, powered it up, hold for 3 seconds, on and off. and hole E heck it is awesome. Started cranking out the diopter and out and out and out and finally started getting the screen into focus, need to tweak it more when on a rifle, controls are easy enough even for me, the reticle selection is fine, I personally prefer green but you have choices. Now to charge up the battery, toss in a card and attempt to read the manual, being a male it's something I'm loathe to do. Looking through a glass at a fence 35 yards away in early evening no sun, picture is a touch grainy but still darn good. Really anxious to try the night vision.So for first impressions, whip out the old CC and grab one. Oh eye relief, is like into the next room, ok slight exaggeration but....4" PLUS.
I just went out to check NV. Took a little bit for me to figure out how to get it going, but once I did, it lit up the field below my house like crazy. Really good. I've still not looked at any directions on it and I wont be trying to record with it, I dont think. As you mentioned, need to test on a rifle. Got some No Limit mounts coming tomorrow so can better check it then!