Pard DS35RF...anyone bit the bullet yet?

I have an NV008 without the laser range finder and today saw that the DS35 with the range finder is right at 700 bucks. The DS35 is supposed to be a huge improvement over other models in resolution and in the glass at the rear which presents a good eye box, something I struggle with on the NV008.

Anyone tried one of these yet? Thoughts? I'm considering giving it a go.

I have an NV008 without the laser range finder and today saw that the DS35 with the range finder is right at 700 bucks. The DS35 is supposed to be a huge improvement over other models in resolution and in the glass at the rear which presents a good eye box, something I struggle with on the NV008.

Anyone tried one of these yet? Thoughts? I'm considering giving it a go.
For $750 I’ll sell my full atn x sight 4k pro with my all 1,000 range finder

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Do a search - both Miles and Dana have done video reviews and it seems like a nice scope.

Two nice features I've noticed are better eye relief and the reticle stays centered as you adjust elevation and windage. Both big upgrades over the NV008.

Where are you seeing that price? I might be interested. Please PM if you don't want to share in the thread.

I've seen all the vids. I just place little faith in them and was looking for folks here that I may know who have real life experience with them.

The eye relief and the round 'viewing window', along with the higher resolution is what initially attracted me.

When you go to pard.com, initially you only see two models under Products. From there you will select 'View All Products' and then when you click on it, you will see the price. ....or, you can just do a search. :p

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Search!??! Wut? How dare you...... LOL!! I'll have to start 5 new threads on this instead. ;)

I popped onto the Pard site - seems like they're all on sale. Good prices.

Regarding reviewers - Miles and Dana are two that get more of my respect than others.
hahah...yeah, I couldnt resist!

I'll agree on those two in particular. Was still looking for some other folks here, but really...who am I kidding? I've dived into other guns and accessories before they were vetted out by the masses so no need to stop now!

There was some good prices. I think I paid more for my NV008 used than what they have it listed on that site. Picked up some FX No Limit mounts per Miles suggestion as well.

Have the NV008 on an Impact Compact in .25 so thinking the DS35 will go on a full sized Maverick in .30.

Reactions: Airgun Al
I'm about to fill the switch on a DS35(LRF) my only question is 850 or 940nm? I'll be going with he 70mm. Frankly my night vision use will be close to zero currently but...never can tell

Well no answer so after a bit of research i went with the 950nm. Now I guess I may have to get another gun for it. rats
I did the 950 as well. My order still shows 'processing' so hoping to see that changed to 'shipped' shortly.

Reactions: woogie_man
All my night vision scopes are at 850 so it didn't make any sense for me to go up to 940 on the last one! I can't say that there is a marked difference to my eyes between them. I have a PARD NV008, NV007s and NV007sp-lrf. I always bring a bunch and let someone use one of the NV007s as I have the eaglvision mounts on them!

I will say that I'm drooling over the PARD TD32-LRF!

All my night vision scopes are at 850 so it didn't make any sense for me to go up to 940 on the last one! I can't say that there is a marked difference to my eyes between them. I have a PARD NV008, NV007s and NV007sp-lrf. I always bring a bunch and let someone use one of the NV007s as I have the eaglvision mounts on them!

I will say that I'm drooling over the PARD TD32-LRF!
One review of thermal that I've read said that the drawback is you can have a jungle in front of you and not see it, ok, slight exaggeration but vegetation doesn't show up, where as with NV you can see obstacle's.

@HogKiller - that's the beauty of the TD32 - it's both a thermal and IR scope at the same time! You can use either or with the LRF. I would no longer need my thermal monocular to find the target and then switch to IR to shoot it! It only has one problem... cost!
Oh PLEASE, cost, since when did that ever stop anyone? Seeing as currently my nighttime hunting is zero, it seems that the critters are out well past this old guys bed time. I'm getting this basically on a lark to see how it works for my ground squirrels, I MAY have a use for it is I get a permission with a barn, working on that one.

Between barn shooting pigeons and starlings and then rat shooting, I have to say that night shooting is really fun! I will say that I have not seen any squirrels at night to shoot but rabbits, opossums, and racoons are another story. The wife informed me of a opossum in the back yard last night that she would like me to irradicate - she saw it at midnight and I had been asleep for 2 hours LOL. And I fall into the "old guy" category also!

You could not go wrong with the DS35(LRF). The IR light in the PARDs are more than adequate for "first-time" use! I went with the NV008 as I liked the format over a normal scope format, but that's strictly a matter of taste.

Reactions: HogKiller
Between barn shooting pigeons and starlings and then rat shooting, I have to say that night shooting is really fun! I will say that I have not seen any squirrels at night to shoot but rabbits, opossums, and racoons are another story. The wife informed me of a opossum in the back yard last night that she would like me to irradicate - she saw it at midnight and I had been asleep for 2 hours LOL. And I fall into the "old guy" category also!

You could not go wrong with the DS35(LRF). The IR light in the PARDs are more than adequate for "first-time" use! I went with the NV008 as I liked the format over a normal scope format, but that's strictly a matter of taste.
I do have a Trash Panda or two swing by on occasion, as they only tear up my lawn a little I'm not worried about them so they live, that of course is subject to change. We have reports of Coyotes in this area so they will be dealt with swiftly, they are brazen out in broad daylight walking down the road. But residing in an area not known for it's sanity regarding any form of projectile weapon some restraint must be used.

• Sad
Reactions: Hoffman9517
@HogKiller - and the perfect time for that is at night! I have a friend that has coyotes in his back yard and they tease his dogs in his backyard fence. But taking one of our guns out during the day and shooting and have a neighbor who does not recognize an air rifle will definitely call the law!

To stay on point, I like the PARD products and have had ATN products to compare them to. I have a Gen 5 X-Sight that I am just not bonding with (after 4 returns) and always pick up the gun with the NV008 or NV007. And I got the NV007 to fit on my Immersive Optics 14x15 prismatic scope! I will say that the viewing is not as good as on a regular scope due to the almost zero eye relief, but I managed to take a rabbit at 71 yards the other night, so I would say it was "adequate"!

Last edited:
Reactions: HogKiller