Parallax Wheels - pictures of "the spread"

so if i read this right , you have different scope wheels for different temperature days ? or maybe hours ?
i have two methods... snap on rings set up at different temp points is the most efficient and although i cant swap during a match i can decide my temp range before the match and snap it in place. Or the maestro design dual pin indicator which you can move up or down to adjust.

IMG_1944.jpeg

IMG_7408.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Here's some of the distances I've completed so far on my new Falcon X505-FT scope. I'm liking the spacing from 45-55 yards.
I still need to get back to it and fill in the rest of the distances. Weather permitting this time of year.
It'll be interesting to see how many single yards I can fill in between the major marks I have on the wheel in the pictures.
I'll update when I get it done.
And.....Thanks JD!......Great job on the new aluminum magnetic wheel!

View attachment 416241 View attachment 416242
I have seen the Falcon scopes advertised but I don't see them much in use and their ranging seems to be a great idea for Hunter Field Target. I use a Sightron and the 50 - 55 yard ranging is about 2 degrees on the wheel. How do you like the Falcon overall.

I’m uncertain about this as the occular rings job is only to properly focus the reticle for the specific user? Frankly I’m not sure 🤔?
Move your ocular 1/4 turn which only affects the cross hairs range something then put it back it will range different I did this weekend at the Cajuns I had ranged the scope wheel for my eyes then changed for my son to shoot and I saw the difference this is on an Aztec Emerald.

Move your ocular 1/4 turn which only affects the cross hairs range something then put it back it will range different I did this weekend at the Cajuns I had ranged the scope wheel for my eyes then changed for my son to shoot and I saw the difference this is on an Aztec Emerald.
I'll give it a try.... i'm fascinated now..

Next is a Nightforce NX8 - using a JD Garland Nautilus wheel - set up at 86 degrees F
and yes i will Definitely post some better pics.
View attachment 405878
My NX8 only has about 120-130 degrees of rotation between 10 -60 yards...... but the numbers on this wheel in the pic seem to be a lot further (farther?) apart

Love the NX8 scope --it'll resolve a 1/2 yard and the reticle is fantastic-- but the numbers all squashed in that close is aggravating. Tried commas, hatchets, wheels....

I have seen the Falcon scopes advertised but I don't see them much in use and their ranging seems to be a great idea for Hunter Field Target. I use a Sightron and the 50 - 55 yard ranging is about 2 degrees on the wheel. How do you like the Falcon overall.
Nice surprise
I have an Element Titan 3-18 x 50 with the 34 mm tube body and this particular Titan focuses down to 10 yards
AND
look at this spread on my 6” wheel:
IMG_7643.jpeg
img_7644-jpeg.461841

IMG_7644.jpeg

IMG_7645.jpeg

Last edited:
Cavedweller, probably missed it but what do you use for tape and how do you keep it dry?
I use a high quality medical tape @3/8” non stretchy then after getting my final number markings I cover them with a clear tape like a book binding or gorilla tape @3/8”
But there are lots of ways to do this and some folks spray them with a clear polyurethane