Panthera Tunes HERE

Hey guys. I got a Panthera and now I'm learning to tune it. It's not a straight forward thing. There are different ways to arrive at your desired FPS. I was struggling, but got some good insight in this thread: https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...22-regulator-adjustment.1289858/#post-1492344

Now I'm ready to collect some tunes! (tuning numbers)

PLEASE POST YOUR FAVORITE TUNES HERE:

18.1gr factory tune out of the box (.22 cal): Power Wheel (Macro) 22 / Micro Wheel: 2.5 / Regulator 85 BAR
This tunes gives me 90 shots at 890 FPS exactly. It holds 1 inch groups at 75 yards, even if your not shooting your best. Super fun tune for plinking with friends.

....still looking for that 25.4gr tune! -Nate

How to Tune a PANTHERA:

* NEVER shoot a Panthera below the regulator pressure.
* NEVER adjust the Regulator above 180 bar.
* Set the Regulator at the lowest possible pressure to achieve the desired velocity.
* Remove AMMO before adjusting Regulator.

Turning the Reg UP:
* You must have more air in the tank than the desired reg pressure, before you start.
With air in the gun, gently turn the allen screw inside the front top corner of the trigger guard no more than 1/4 turn counter clockwise to increase Reg pressure, check the dial, Repeat until the needle reads the desired pressure.

Turning the Reg DOWN:
* Make sure gun is EMPTY of AMMO before you start.
With air in the gun, turn the reg adjustment allen screw clockwise no more than 1/4 turn to decrease reg pressure.
Shoot the gun with no ammo a few times untill the reg pressure stops dropping. That is your new reg pressure. Repeat if nessecary.

NEVER ADJUST the POWER WHEEL when GUN IS COCKED!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nealgl1985
500mm .30 Panthera "Magic Tune" as I refer to it. But open to suggestions if anyone has any.

This same tune shoots 44.8 Atomics at 915fps and Hybrids at 910fps. Same Zero on the scope.
Plenty of power and extremely accurate and consistent.
Reg at 135
Hammer at ~3.75
Using stock hammer weight.

panthera tune 1.jpg
Panthera tune reg.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nealgl1985
Please note that variation exists between guns of the same cal and barrel length due to manufacturing tolerances and gauge accuracy etc, so you should be prepared to tweak the reg or micro a little bit to get the same speed as someone else. Also while the donor tune gun might be most accurate at speed X for a given projectile, your (recipient) gun’s barrel might be more accurate with speed Y.

It’s better to learn to tune yourself but in any case, I’ll be a sport:

Panthera 600 22 shooting Altaros 32.3grain (0.18 BC!) slugs at 895fps with blow-my-mind accuracy:

140bar reg, 3.2 micro.

They’re collecting dust now, but this tune also worked well for Javelin 26g 218s at 1000fps.

Gun is a pussy cat at this relatively low power level.

110y with Altaros slugs:
B478E1EA-407F-44AD-B096-1B1894C64794.jpeg

Last edited:
Please note that variation exists between guns of the same cal and barrel length due to manufacturing tolerances and gauge accuracy etc, so you should be prepared to tweak the reg or micro a little bit to get the same speed as someone else.

Well said. I think it's very beneficial to share tunes, but only to use as a baseline to develop your own.

We, a group of 6 panthera shooters, have all the .22/700s set now at 150 bar, with the new heavier valverod upgrade. Hammer at 3.1ish.
We have tried all pressure setting combined with hammer settings. 150bar seemed to be the very best.
External bottle pressure regulated at 210 bar.
We use H&N 34gr.218 at 1010fps.

Please note that variation exists between guns of the same cal and barrel length due to manufacturing tolerances and gauge accuracy etc, so you should be prepared to tweak the reg or micro a little bit to get the same speed as someone else. Also while the donor tune gun might be most accurate at speed X for a given projectile, your (recipient) gun’s barrel might be more accurate with speed Y.

It’s better to learn to tune yourself but in any case, I’ll be a sport:

Panthera 600 22 shooting Altaros 32.3grain (0.18 BC!) slugs at 895fps with blow-my-mind accuracy:

140bar reg, 3.2 micro.

They’re collecting dust now, but this tune also worked well for Javelin 26g 218s at 1000fps.

Gun is a pussy cat at this relatively low power level.

110y with Altaros slugs:
I recommend NOT trying the Altaros ATP Smooth BT either in .22 at 32.3 grains or .25 in 49.5 grains, both at between 885 and 900 fps.
Because all the other slugs that you have and have been testing will quickly become lead weights in your range bag!...

The .22 with a BC of G1 0.18, and the .25 with a G1 BC of 0.21 will make you a believer in the science of ballistics...

I was watching a channel called "airgun channel" he mentions that if I wanted to shoot pellets (which I do), that fx recommended to use the 500mm. Why would that be?
The 500 has a barrel that is optimized for pellets and lightweight slugs. The 600 and 700 have barrels that are optimized for heavy slugs. However, for me, the 600 shoots pellets very well.

Got my 700mm shooting the 32.3gr 5.52mm Altaros ATP smooth, also at 885fps and also with stupid accuracy.

Mine is at only 107bar on the reg (as per the installed Sekhmet) and at 1.7 on the micro adjuster. The gun barely moves or makes a sound shooting with those settings.

Love it
They are a game changer! Enjoy!

Reactions: brams and Macros
We, a group of 6 panthera shooters, have all the .22/700s set now at 150 bar, with the new heavier valverod upgrade. Hammer at 3.1ish.
We have tried all pressure setting combined with hammer settings. 150bar seemed to be the very best.
External bottle pressure regulated at 210 bar.
We use H&N 34gr.218 at 1010fps.
What is your hammer wheel setting for this tune?

I recommend NOT trying the Altaros ATP Smooth BT either in .22 at 32.3 grains or .25 in 49.5 grains, both at between 885 and 900 fps.
Because all the other slugs that you have and have been testing will quickly become lead weights in your range bag!...

The .22 with a BC of G1 0.18, and the .25 with a G1 BC of 0.21 will make you a believer in the science of ballistics...
I read this and was like what the heck I just got 800 of these in, then boom, got to the end of the statement lol phewwwwww

• Haha
Reactions: Centercut
Is there a big panthera tune thread?

Just got my panthera 700
34gr javelin gen 2
From factory:
145bar, 2.5 micro, 23 macro.
Shot 900fps, 10 shots es around 50, sd 15. Was disappointed, i understand it wasnt broke in.
I made a single adjustment as a guess and left reg alone, 3.0 micro, 13 macro.
Shooting 996fps with es 4 and sd under 1. Very awesome.
Not Shooting groups as tight as my rimfire but not bad. will do more tuning.

20230712_173904.jpg

Hey guys, nice to meet you all. I'm from the Netherlands, here it's impossible to find the Javelin .25 cal. I'm mainly shooting ZAN slugs and DIABOLO pellets with a 700 barrel. I know it's not made for pellets but still, 33.95gr 115 bar and 3.2/3.4 on the micro do the job quite well. Still floating a bit with the tuning of the ZAN slugs 35gr .25 any suggestion?
Cheers