• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Panthera slow leak

I was somewhere over 800 round count before attempting the tungsten hammer install and finding the bent valve. Made a quite a few regulator adjustments during that period. I've found that it takes more shots to settle down than any of my Impacts, 3 to 4 shots. I've been shooting 40 grains exclusively thru 22 cal 700mm, chasing that 1040 fps. No success so far reaching the 1000+fps mark, with the fear or bending another valve. I've settled with sub MOA at 960fps at my 175 yard range limit.
Yeah the limiting factor to power in the Panthera is hammer energy. My beefier valve is maxing out at 1030FPS with 40gr (.217) at 170-172bar using a 13.5 gram weight and a heavier spring in my 700mm .22. I am positive that much higher velocity can be had with additional hammer energy, but I haven't run anything heavier as I've tuned my rifle for ample NRL22 shot count at 1005FPS (gives me 13 fully regulated shots before I fall off, with the 14th shot in the 990's).

If I had to guess, I would imagine >=1100FPS is possible at 170-172bar with this ammo in the Panthera. In retrospect, my Taipan valves and hammers (built for industrial level abuse) shoot well above supersonic with the 600mm FX liners. There's some secret sauce with the valves, but another key difference is hammer energy. If the Panthera hammers had comparable energy, then I believe they would approach those velocities.

I would not advise running anything heavier than what FX recommends though. I would definitely recommend contacting them or your vendor if you have issues or questions.