Altaros Panthera settings for Altaros slugs

This is for you airguns scientists 🤠
Got my Fx Panthera 700 in .22 shooting 34gr javelins at 1000 fps, I was looking to shoot slugs with even higher bc for long range and good penetration and found out Ataros slugs to be the best option !! The thing is I see people shooting them at low speed but I like to shoot slugs at high speed ! There no way I can shoot them over 950 fps with good accuracy ? If not do you think atp slugs would beat javelins even when shooting them at 900 vs javelins at 1000 fps ?

This is for you airguns scientists 🤠
Got my Fx Panthera 700 in .22 shooting 34gr javelins at 1000 fps, I was looking to shoot slugs with even higher bc for long range and good penetration and found out Ataros slugs to be the best option !! The thing is I see people shooting them at low speed but I like to shoot slugs at high speed ! There no way I can shoot them over 950 fps with good accuracy ? If not do you think atp slugs would beat javelins even when shooting them at 900 vs javelins at 1000 fps ?
They seem to favor lower speed (885-900). I’m not sure what you mean by one “beating” the other, but the Altaros will only lose out in terms of fpe at the muzzle. If you need to get the same fpe as the 34grain at 1000fps, then shoot the Altaros 40 grain at 900fps.

Reactions: brams