FX Panthera Owners - A Question

Confirmed, no bubbles by the barrel.

After that test I was able to tighten a little bit the front bottle.

I may not know if that was the problem. But after tighten front bottle, there are not bubbles on any of the bottles.

I just refilled the rifle.

Tomorrow morning will check if after tighten more the front bottle the leak stops.

I suppose that if there are not bubbles in the barrel then the valve is not leaking.
If not fixed, squirt a drop of shaving foam around the gauge connectors and the reg. Those are the other common spots and easy to fix with an oring.

Reactions: Emu
If not fixed, squirt a drop of shaving foam around the gauge connectors and the reg. Those are the other common spots and easy to fix with an oring.
This morning the rifle had less pressure. Leaks is still there.

I removed the ornamental ring of the two manometers and tighten them. One allowed to be tighten a bit.

I refilled again the Panthera. Let's see ..... If the leak stops, then the leak was in that manometer.

I have three, all at least 6 months old, original broomstick edition, 177, 22 & 25. One came from a guy who got very frustrated and was close to “throwing it in a river”. I gave him an old thermal and some lollipops, tuned it and it shot moa like the other two. Together, they have generated a lot of profit for Altaros and Zan over the summer shooting in my 100y range. No problems aside from one replacement reg gauge (slow leak) fixed on the spot at UA.
Hi, wonder about the panthera in 177.. Is it good and accurate? What about the shot distance?

i have a panthera .22 600mm, really fantastic rifle, I think I will buy the .25 cal
If you do not have a Sidewinder yet, then do not buy the new Panthera.

The Sidewinder is much better rifle, more accurate at super long distance and super easy to use.

I have many .25 Cals, Daystate, Airgun Technology, FX, Brocock ....... The sidewinder is a fantastic machine..... Believe me !

Reactions: Ranchibi
After making a recrown and making wider exit hole of the shroud now my Panthera Compact Hunter is super accurate with H&N Baracudas 30.8 grain.

Mine has a slow leak. I do not know from where it is leaking.

Configuration of mine with a big bottle in the front and a 300 cc in the rear makes it a super configuration for hunting purposes.

I was really angry with accuracy and invested A LOT of pellets before the recrown and the bigger hole on the shroud.

By first time in my life I had to change the Butt Pad, the original one is too cheap and affects accuracy because it is very easy to slightly change the place where you hold the rifle in your arm.

View attachment 401821

At this very point I already have a table of how to compensate at every distance up to 190 yards. This rifle in this moment just changed from being a rifle in process to a rifle in full functionality (but I do know not for how long time I will need to accept that slow leak - that do not affect my huntings).
You don't need to shoulder it like a 12 gauge. I guess to each there own I just shoot them with a lighter touch than I do pb rifles maybe I'm the weird one idk

I have three, all at least 6 months old, original broomstick edition, 177, 22 & 25. One came from a guy who got very frustrated and was close to “throwing it in a river”. I gave him an old thermal and some lollipops, tuned it and it shot moa like the other two. Together, they have generated a lot of profit for Altaros and Zan over the summer shooting in my 100y range. No problems aside from one replacement reg gauge (slow leak) fixed on the spot at UA.
What grain pellets, what speed, and what tune do you use for the 22 cal?

Thank you. I was pushing the 31gr Altaros to fast and getting horrible results.
I have a .22 700mm double Dynamic. My current tunes are for 1 MOA at 100yds
40 gr altaros slugs
150 bar, 3.5 Micro, 13 pw = 976 fps
30 gr H&N .217 slug II
150 bar, 3 micro, 13 pw = 1055 fps
Can I ask why you include the pw setting? Your info implies that at 150bar, you leave the pw at 13 and then change the micro. Is that correct?

Can I ask why you include the pw setting? Your info implies that at 150bar, you leave the pw at 13 and then change the micro. Is that correct?
I am no expert. Honestly when I received my Dynamic the pw was set to 19. I have always went back to that setting as my base and work from there. I am sure it's not right it's just what I do.

I am no expert. Honestly when I received my Dynamic the pw was set to 19. I have always went back to that setting as my base and work from there. I am sure it's not right it's just what I do.
Ah OK. The micro wheel is the only thing that controls hammer strength. The pw (macro) simply jogs the micro by a consistent number of clicks. The idea is that you can set the micro at (in your case) 3.5 at a certain pw setting (say 13) then click the pw down to get to a micro of 3.0 at (say) pw=10. Then in future you can use the pw (instead of micro) to quickly switch the tune between your two projectiles and know that it will always maintain the same hammer (micro) settings. Kinda like using presets on a radio.

Reactions: Normkel and Mcleod
I have a .22 700mm double Dynamic. My current tunes are for 1 MOA at 100yds
40 gr altaros slugs
150 bar, 3.5 Micro, 13 pw = 976 fps
30 gr H&N .217 slug II
150 bar, 3 micro, 13 pw = 1055 fps
Using tungsten hammer or standard? Altaros better than Javalens at 40 grain? Trying not to waste money buying slugs. Thanks!!

Using tungsten hammer or standard? Altaros better than Javalens at 40 grain? Trying not to waste money buying slugs. Thanks!!
13.2 gr hammer from a Crown Slug kit. works a champ. the stock Dynamic hammer is 12gr.
I haven't tried the Javelins, because I don't have any.
I understand about the slugs.
I think if the slugs are .217 and you find the FPS they work in you will be happy. The H&N work well above 1000 FPS.
Altaros 31gr slugs do not like 1045 FPS. Weevil has a tune for the 31gr Altaros I am excited to try.

13.2 gr hammer from a Crown Slug kit. works a champ. the stock Dynamic hammer is 12gr.
I haven't tried the Javelins, because I don't have any.
I understand about the slugs.
I think if the slugs are .217 and you find the FPS they work in you will be happy. The H&N work well above 1000 FPS.
Altaros 31gr slugs do not like 1045 FPS. Weevil has a tune for the 31gr Altaros I am excited to try
To be clear, I shoot the 32.3g ATP smooths, not the 31g banded slugs. In terms of other brands, all 5 of my 22 slug liners favor .218 (Javelins and Zans). However, that’s something that has to be tested for each liner along with revised tuning. I don’t consider tunes to be transferable but if you aim for speeds that are below transonic you should see a marked improvement.

Reactions: Mcleod
To be clear, I shoot the 32.3g ATP smooths, not the 31g banded slugs. In terms of other brands, all 5 of my 22 slug liners favor .218 (Javelins and Zans). However, that’s something that has to be tested for each liner along with revised tuning. I don’t consider tunes to be transferable but if you aim for speeds that are below transonic you should see a marked improvement.
Are these the 32 gr slugs you are using?

Are these the 32 gr slugs you are using?
Yes