FX Panthera Owners - A Question

After making a recrown and making wider exit hole of the shroud now my Panthera Compact Hunter is super accurate with H&N Baracudas 30.8 grain.

Mine has a slow leak. I do not know from where it is leaking.

Configuration of mine with a big bottle in the front and a 300 cc in the rear makes it a super configuration for hunting purposes.

I was really angry with accuracy and invested A LOT of pellets before the recrown and the bigger hole on the shroud.

By first time in my life I had to change the Butt Pad, the original one is too cheap and affects accuracy because it is very easy to slightly change the place where you hold the rifle in your arm.

IMG-20231016-WA0005.jpg

At this very point I already have a table of how to compensate at every distance up to 190 yards. This rifle in this moment just changed from being a rifle in process to a rifle in full functionality (but I do know not for how long time I will need to accept that slow leak - that do not affect my huntings).

Last edited:
After making a recrown and making wider exit hole of the shroud now my Panthera Compact Hunter is super accurate with H&N Baracudas 30.8 grain.

Configuration of mine with a big bottle in the front and a 300 cc in the rear makes it a super configuration for hunting purposes.

I was really angry with accuracy and invested A LOT of pellets before the recrown and the bigger hole on the shroud.

By first time in my life I had to change the Butt Pad, the original one is too cheap and affects accuracy because it is very easy to slightly change the place where you hold the rifle in your arm.

View attachment 401821

At this very point I already have a table of how to compensate at every distance up to 190 yards. This rifle in this moment just changed from being a rifle in process to a rifle in full functionality (but I do not for how long time I will need to accept that slow leak - that do not affect my huntings).
Thanks for your feedback - glad you are now happy with it. I’m sure you’ll locate and correct the leak!

Reactions: tibor
I have three, all at least 6 months old, original broomstick edition, 177, 22 & 25. One came from a guy who got very frustrated and was close to “throwing it in a river”. I gave him an old thermal and some lollipops, tuned it and it shot moa like the other two. Together, they have generated a lot of profit for Altaros and Zan over the summer shooting in my 100y range. No problems aside from one replacement reg gauge (slow leak) fixed on the spot at UA.

Reactions: Mcleod
I have three, all at least 6 months old, original broomstick edition, 177, 22 & 25. One came from a guy who got very frustrated and was close to “throwing it in a river”. I gave him an old thermal and some lollipops, tuned it and it shot moa like the other two. Together, they have generated a lot of profit for Altaros and Zan over the summer shooting in my 100y range. No problems aside from one replacement reg gauge (slow leak) fixed on the spot at UA.
Sounds like you’ve had a great experience - thanks!

Thanks for your feedback - glad you are now happy with it. I’m sure you’ll locate and correct the leak!
I just want everyone to know that the process to make my Panthera become functional took me about 1,000 pellets.

My Wolverine HP non HR .30 Cal requested no more than 16 shots to be more accurate than my Panthera in this precise moment.

I do not want anybody to think that buying a FX Panthera will be as easy and secure as buying a Daystate or an Aiguns Technology, IT IS NOT !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullysyclone
I will share advantages and disadvantages as I see them:

Advantage:

- Really easy to increase or decrease power.

- Size and configuration of mine with the two bottles is perfect.

- The safety is my favorite of all my rifles.

- Once you made it work properly, it becomes easy a favorite on your collection.

- Once working properly, it is really accurate.

Disadvantages:

- The process to make it work was a torture, an expensive one.

- It has a leak and as I live in Mexico I do not have the support of FX to have the certainty that it will eventually be fixed.

I just want everyone to know that the process to make my Panthera become functional took me about 1,000 pellets.

My Wolverine HP non HR .30 Cal requested no more than 16 shots to be more accurate than my Panthera in this precise moment.

I do not want anybody to think that buying a FX Panthera will be as easy and secure as buying a Daystate or an Aiguns Technology, IT IS NOT !!!
I will share advantages and disadvantages as I see them:

Advantage:

- Really easy to increase or decrease power.

- Size and configuration of mine with the two bottles is perfect.

- The safety is my favorite of all my rifles.

- Once you made it work properly, it becomes easy a favorite on your collection.

- Once working properly, it is really accurate.

Disadvantages:

- The process to make it work was a torture, an expensive one.

- It has a leak and as I live in Mexico I do not have the support of FX to have the certainty that it will eventually be fixed.
Why don’t you start a thread to get help with the leak? No doubt the experts on here could get it sorted out within 20 posts.

Reactions: MAUMAU

View attachment 401821

At this very point I already have a table of how to compensate at every distance up to 190 yards. This rifle in this moment just changed from being a rifle in process to a rifle in full functionality (but I do know not for how long time I will need to accept that slow leak - that do not affect my huntings).
Have you sprayed all leak points? If so stick the end of the barrel in some water, if you get bubbles now you know where to start

Have you sprayed all leak points? If so stick the end of the barrel in some water, if you get bubbles now you know where to start
Confirmed, no bubbles by the barrel.

After that test I was able to tighten a little bit the front bottle.

I may not know if that was the problem. But after tighten front bottle, there are not bubbles on any of the bottles.

I just refilled the rifle.

Tomorrow morning will check if after tighten more the front bottle the leak stops.

I suppose that if there are not bubbles in the barrel then the valve is not leaking.