FX Panthera\King Max Bottle Pressure?

I feel dumb for asking, however, dealing with 4500 PSI scares the crap out of me when dealing with new equipment. I know my Impacts have a "250 bar max" label on the side of the trigger block. I didn't worry too much about it because it's being regulated down to 150 bar right behind the bottle. I'm brand new to the Panthera\King platform and the reg is set further back toward the trigger. There's a little more going on there between the bottle and the reg.

So my question is: can I slap on my 300 bar Air Marksman bottle without blowing up the gun and/or my hands? I figured I'd ask just to be sure 🤔

Reactions: Impact701
There are many parts on the pneumatic mechanism of an air rifle, not just the bottle.

If regulator supports only 250 bar and you fill the bottle above 250 bar, then it will send more preassure to weakest parts of the rifle and will make it work improperly until it is screwed.

Better to use things according to the owners manual, that contemplate weakest parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: R0B
On this UA video @ 4:25 Justin says with the airmarksman 300bar bottle he filled the Panthera to 300bar.

Good for him. He has a complete service dept. to back him up, all the parts to fix whatever and when your gun breaks doing what he does, will tell you without hesitation that you just voided your warranty.
If putting 300 bar to an FX reg is a good idea, why oh why did they promote and hype the two reg system? The whole point was to reduce the stress on the 2nd reg and allow it to operate in a more relaxed state. The first reg is the same as the 2nd reg. If the second reg benefits from reduced pressure, what does the 300 bar do to the first or any of their regs?

Reactions: R0B and Gerry52
I wouldnt on a single reg FX. A double reg Impact/Wildcat/Maverick I would go a little higher. FX has said a few times that these models are ok to use a 300Bar rated bottle. FX was planning to start selling 300Bar bottles as an upgrade, and new rifles with 300Bar bottles. It never happened, but I suspect at some point it might. My Impact M3 has a 300Bar bottle, AND a 300Bar bottle valve which is also important to have. I fill to about 270-280Bar for some extra shot count, but dont bother full filling due to diminishing returns on air capacity.

Why are guys so concerned with filling to MAXIMUM pressure instead of what's safest, most EFFICIENT & indicated by manufacturer for the equipment involved? Scary!
Well zero Bar is safest. A max fill should be well under the actual max failure point, and should be safe. And FX has stated several times that 300Bar is safe on their dual reg models with a proper 300Bar tank and valve. I cant speak for everyone else, but for me I wanted a little extra shot count on my smaller capacity setups. It can mean the difference between a partial mag per fill to 1.5-2 mags per fill. When walking around hunting I cant carry around a scuba tank to top off.

On this UA video @ 4:25 Justin says with the airmarksman 300bar bottle he filled the Panthera to 300bar.

Thanks for that. I just needed a confirmation from somebody that has done it already.

Why are guys so concerned with filling to MAXIMUM pressure instead of what's safest, most EFFICIENT & indicated by manufacturer for the equipment involved? Scary!

Because I need to send these 38 grain slugs downrange and the cheapy 480cc 250 bar bottle shot count is really low.

I wouldnt on a single reg FX. A double reg Impact/Wildcat/Maverick I would go a little higher. FX has said a few times that these models are ok to use a 300Bar rated bottle. FX was planning to start selling 300Bar bottles as an upgrade, and new rifles with 300Bar bottles. It never happened, but I suspect at some point it might. My Impact M3 has a 300Bar bottle, AND a 300Bar bottle valve which is also important to have. I fill to about 270-280Bar for some extra shot count, but dont bother full filling due to diminishing returns on air capacity.

I hear ya and appreciate the input. The real reason was for the extra 100cc of air capacity. I don't have my 580cc 250 bar from my Impact anymore and only have a 580cc 300 bar available. I might end up getting a big 700cc 250 bar.

Only fx with 2 regs can fill to 300 and I don't even do that

Not true. My Uragan 2, and both of my Prophet 3's fill to 300 bars and all of them are single reg systems. Those guns have been ultra reliable.

If you can stand the extra weight, and dont need a specific configuration I would run a 300cc rear and a 580cc up front on a Panthera.
Ya the Panthera in that configuration is super nice! Unfortunately, I have keep that nice GRS stock and need more shot count. I have a wall full of space guns and I need to look at some nice wood for a change so I'll have to settle for a big 700 up front.