FX Panthera hunter compact .22 any success with slugs?

My results with shooting slugs looks like this.

Shooting slugs from an FX compact? Sounds like a good hit.
Result: a lot of work for compromised performance.

Shooting slugs from a 600mm barreled M3. This makes more sense.
Result: several slugs of varying weights perform very well with no modifications to the stock gun.

Shooting slugs from a Panthera 600mm 25 cal?
Result: stupid easy to make shoot very well. Generates more power than I need and accuracy is very good.

I tried to shoot slugs out of Both a 22 and 25 Compact. Neither was satisfactory unless you want to shoot Hybrids at lower velocities. That may work for you but for me results were barely acceptable and a 600mm barrel is only another 4” or so.

Reactions: Ranchibi
My results with shooting slugs looks like this.

Shooting slugs from an FX compact? Sounds like a good hit.
Result: a lot of work for compromised performance.

Shooting slugs from a 600mm barreled M3. This makes more sense.
Result: several slugs of varying weights perform very well with no modifications to the stock gun.

Shooting slugs from a Panthera 600mm 25 cal?
Result: stupid easy to make shoot very well. Generates more power than I need and accuracy is very good.

I tried to shoot slugs out of Both a 22 and 25 Compact. Neither was satisfactory unless you want to shoot Hybrids at lower velocities. That may work for you but for me results were barely acceptable and a 600mm barrel is only another 4” or so.
Thanks for the info and advice

I have had great success with the Nielsen 17.5g slugs in a handful of different pcps. They work great in 2 of my FX 500mm STX Superior liners (standard). In a short barrel I dont think it makes sense to try and push the heavier slugs and waste a ton of air. If you can get the 17.5g going 850-1050fps in your Panthera, I think you will really like them. I know a lot of others have had lots of troubles trying to get decent groups with slugs, but I swap between pellets/slugs often. I pretty much only shoot Nielsens or JSB Hades since I am hunting almost exclusively. In my 22Cal setups I try to get the Hades going ~990-1050fps, so when I swap to the heavier 17.5g Nielsens I only drop down to ~950fps with no tune changes.

Reactions: hussn32
I have had great success with the Nielsen 17.5g slugs in a handful of different pcps. They work great in 2 of my FX 500mm STX Superior liners (standard). In a short barrel I dont think it makes sense to try and push the heavier slugs and waste a ton of air. If you can get the 17.5g going 850-1050fps in your Panthera, I think you will really like them. I know a lot of others have had lots of troubles trying to get decent groups with slugs, but I swap between pellets/slugs often. I pretty much only shoot Nielsens or JSB Hades since I am hunting almost exclusively. In my 22Cal setups I try to get the Hades going ~990-1050fps, so when I swap to the heavier 17.5g Nielsens I only drop down to ~950fps with no tune changes.

For the OP’s consideration. Not refuting anything here.
The heaviest slug I attempted in 22 was a 23 gr. I did not try the 17.5 and probably should have. I do know there are several shooters in my area that shoot the 17.5 gr weight from a local slug maker and they have proved quite accurate.
At the time I had two other guns that were shooting slugs very well so my motivation was not all it could have been.