• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Panthera first shot low FPS

I recognize this issue from my Panthera 500. The first shot is always slower, even with a fully polished reg and zero creep. Watch some videos of competition shooters with Pantera's. They always take a 'purging shot' before starting to launch pellets/slugs.
I get that for competition when you are looking for 1fps variations. In the FX commercial the gun is shown being folded up and thrown into a truck for hunting. That's what dols me, finally an FX gun that has a stronger barrel that won't POI shift when you fart next to it. Even My Maverick has a tighter FPS spread of 3-5 fps between shots which you won't see many people bragging about around here.

Something is up with this Panthera, just not sure what. Everything I have seen show that it is capable of much better than this one is giving me.

Hello all,

I was discussing this in another thread but it seems like my issue must be slightly different. I have a Panthera .22 Compact and the first shot is always 40-80fps slow after sitting for an hour or more. The regulator the gun came with had 5-8 bar reg creep which made the issue worse. Even after 600+ pellets it wouldn't settle in so I swapped in the reg from my Maverick which I know is good. The issue still persists after 3-4 different attempts at fixing the regulator. I have tried at 110 bar and 120 bar reg settings. Here are my shot strings:

---
---
---
---

For a little extra background, Utah Airguns said they tuned it for me and when I shot my first few shots I just thought they did a crappy tune. The more pellets I put through it in a sitting the better it shoots. After 3-4 mags it's pretty tight FPS but when it sits it goes to poop again. Could it be a faulty valve? Utah Airguns and FX support both think it's the regulator but I've already swapped that out.

I'd like to avoid sending it in if I can.
I had the same issue sd and es was all over the place first shot about a hundred fps slower then the following went through about two 200 count packs of zans before I realized something the gun came at a hundred bar and I looked at my first shots ever taken off of the fx crono app and the sd and es was acceptable it was like hovering around 900 and I remember the groups being tighter too so I don’t know what possessed me to turn the stock 100bar reg up to 135 and throw the gun all off so I degassed the rifle took it back down to 100 bar and what do you know it’s perfect again super tight groups and its hovering between 914 and 916 I even let it sit a good while and it shot at 912 and then back to jumping between 914 and 916 I really do hope you get yours in good working order it’s a hell of a feeling to see the rifle happy and this is with slugs so yeah pretty excited. You’re shooting pellets too so you could have a bad tune and still get decent groups so really you just need to get that low fps first shot, sd, and es problem fixed and you should be good hope it works out.

It's definitely not an FX thing. My Maverick is nothing like that. Something about the Panthera valve doesn't like a balanced tune, but I can only speak for the compact version. Tuning with lower reg pressure (100-110 bar) helps with the first shot. The gun gets noisy and wastes air but the velocity is consistent.
And low power 😉😀