• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Panthera / Dynamic AR folding stock hinge is (not) junk? (SOLVED)

SB Tactical makes one that works with buffer tube configurations. They are a solid folding adapter. I have had a couple of them for around three years and haven't had a problem. Other than the stock how does the rifle do?
So I have only started working with it, mounted the scope and shot a few pellets. I haven't even sighted it in, let alone started tuning.

The folding stock isn't that bad. I tightened up the hinge bolt until it was hard to fold/unfold and slowly backed it off to where there's a little tension and it doesn't wiggle at all.

I bought the gun from Utah Airguns and paid the extra $50 for them to install the folding stock. I don't think I'd recommend that service, as it is a poor bang for the buck. The hinge was loose and they didn't even move the fill port from the original stock to the receiver. I moved the fill port myself and didn't die, so I think I did it correctly.

I too noticed some issues with the FX folding adapter that I purchased for my .22 Compact hunter. First, They shipped it without any bolts. Had to reach out to FX and request them (took weeks) and on top of that, they tapped the set screw for locking into the groove on the buffer tube on the WRONG side. How does this happen? Yes, the castle nut will hold it on an air rifle, but c'mon FX, for what we pay....
And yes, I also found that you have to tighten the hinge bolt ridiculously tight to get the play/wiggle out of it.
QC went out the window on this accessory's release.