FX Panthera compact hunter .25 Cal…. My experience.

A panthera with a rear bottle needs a straight grip, not the angled grip. That's why your hand is making contact with the bottle. Whoever set up your rifle should have known this.
Here is a photo of my .22 compact (with folding stock, no rear bottle) vs. my 500mm .30 cal Panthera with dual bottles. Notice the difference in the grips.

View attachment 369140

The compact with folding stock is 🔥 🔥 🔥 (y)(y)(y)

Edit: wasn’t for I can’t shoot higher power in my yard that exact gun would be in my grubby little hands already. Still sooooo tempting! 😅

Last edited:
Chrony gave 934 fps with JSB 25.4 with actual configuration.

The small rifle works as is: very accurate at short and long distance and is always better a hit at 49 the than a miss at 65 fpe.... That is how this small rifle will live. No torture to adjustments !!

Damn!!! that's a little firecracker out of box!!! I knew it would be a little power house, this is a testament to how good the new valve is!!! AMAZING!

A couple of people here are finding that little Panthera shoots the 28g Zan slugs extremely accurately at 890fps. We’re at 5000ft, which helps the stability shooting slugs from the pellet liner, and I see you’re also at high elevation. Just a tip in case you’re interested but I’m glad to hear it’s working for you. May need to revise your “final conclusions”?
The liner in the Panthera is the Superior, which is a 1:24 slug liner.

Is it uncomfortable because of the bottle? Does that force you into an odd position? It’s hard to tell from the pic.
I can live with my wrist touching the bottle....

After A LOT of playing with the adjustments of the stock I got to a little better position of the eye in regard of the scope... But not comfortable at 100%...... The design of the sidewinder is much better in that regard, and then the one of the Vulcan and the Uragan. My must comfortable Stock (after changing the cheek piece) is the one of the Bantam Sniper, by far.
IMG_2489.jpeg
IMG_2490.jpeg

Last edited:
I can live with my wrist touching the bottle....

After A LOT of playing with the adjustments of the stock I got to a little better position of the eye in regard of the scope... But not comfortable at 100%...... The design of the sidewinder is much better in that regard, and then the one of the Vulcan and the Uragan. My must comfortable Stock (after changing the cheek piece) is the one of the Bantam Sniper, by far.

If you shoot pellets there is zero need for the rear bottle or dual bottle. I would just get the plug to remove it or better yet, get the foldable AR adapter and put on whatever AR stock best fits you. It’s the beauty of modular system! Welcome to team lego! 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
If you shoot pellets there is zero need for the rear bottle or dual bottle. I would just get the plug to remove it or better yet, get the foldable AR adapter and put on whatever AR stock best fits you. It’s the beauty of modular system! Welcome to team lego! 🤣🤣🤣
LOL !!!

I will try to play this game obsessively orthodoxy not buying gadgets. As if I would had bought a Uragan 2 King made by FX.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: qball
From seeing, holding and firing one, I can say that they are smooth, seemingly well put together, and feel solid.

I am a fan of FX to be fair, so I was always going to like it.

Despite some of the rep they have had in the past, I have found them to be very accurate and versatile rifles.

I chose to go for the impact m3 in the end when I was shopping for one of these, but I am sure that potential buyers would be happy with the Panthera.

Many folks think of the superior as the pellet liner and the superior heavy as the slug liner due to its faster twist. At high elevation the superior is capable of shooting heavier slugs with sufficient spin stabilization due to the lower air density.
Yep, FX kinda messed up the marketing on that one, unless you dig deep and study it somewhat trying to figure out what the differences are.

Yep, FX kinda messed up the marketing on that one, unless you dig deep and study it somewhat trying to figure out what the differences are.

Totally agree! Much prefer the old Slug liner A naming convention, they could have renamed their liners to superior (a, b) & and superior slug (a, b) liners. Now they have multiple pellet liners with different twist rate they need to bring back the A/B designation.

Reactions: Dairyboy
FX should make a little bit longer (2.5 inches) this but pad of the Panthera compact hunter in order to locate the fitting of the bottle 2.5 inches lower. That would avoid the wrist to be in touch with the hand at the grip and also would give more room for adjustments in order to make the stock more comfortable when shoulder in regard of the position of the eye for alignment to the scope.
IMG_2483.jpeg

FX should make a little bit longer (2.5 inches) this but pad of the Panthera compact hunter in order to locate the fitting of the bottle 2.5 inches lower. That would avoid the wrist to be in touch with the hand at the grip and also would give more room for adjustments in order to make the stock more comfortable when shoulder in regard of the position of the eye for alignment to the scope.View attachment 369611
Or you could switch to the vertical grip, which is what FX intended for the use of the rear bottle. Extending LOP just creates a different complaint for a subset of users.

Or you could switch to the vertical grip, which is what FX intended for the use of the rear bottle. Extending LOP just creates a different complaint for a subset of users.
THIS ^^^^^^^^^
I tried to tell him. Even provided pictures. lol.

my pantheras.jpg

Last edited: