• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Panthera Compact Hunter .22 "Ted's Tune" results.

My compact .22 Arrived yesterday. Very handy, light, easy to tote around. Took it out of the box and it was tuned to 135 bar and the hammer set almost pegged out on the Micro adjuster.
Loaded a hades pellet and shot without and moderation and it was LOUD. Very loud. Then put a Tatsu on, and still too loud, however I could tell that it was wasting a ton of air. After 'tuning' it, she hushed right up.
I decided to give the tune Ted mentioned on his Compact Panthera video a try. Granted, I know this is just a jumping off point. Every rifle is different. Upped my reg to 145, and set the hammer for his recommendations for pellets.
Set up my LabRadar and shot a string. It was bouncing all over the place from 877 to 890. Couple more clicks up on the micro and presto, my velocity jumped to right around 900fps.
Then I tried the 20.2 grain NSA slugs. Again, Ted's tune was a little anemic for my gun so I had to bump up the hammer tension little by little until I hit 900fps.
My groups with slugs at 30 yards were 'okay', but not as great as Ted was getting at 50yds. It would group a few somewhat close then a flyer here, a flyer there. Nothing to brag about.
I'm going to hold off on slugs until I have a 1000 or so rounds through the rifle and try again.
Switched back to pellets by only turning the macro wheel down from 17 to 7. The increases I made to the hammer for slugs upped my speed on Hades to ~920. Shot some groups and they were much better. Gun 'sounds' tuned and happy.
Ran a 30 shot string over the labradar (I'll post data below) with these settings for Hades and it's not bad considering it's a new gun and is no way broken/settled in yet. I suspect my extreme spread and standard deviation will drop over time. I changed the 300cc bottle for a 480cc and with this tune, I'm getting 5-6 mags from a 250 bar fill.
All in all I think this little rifle has potential to be a great run and gun pester or hunter.

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 3.59.37 PM.png

ph2.jpg

Man that thing looks even more compact in the pics than in the YouTube vids. That makes the power even more impressive. Sweet looking gun. It’s funny because since getting my Maverick I have gotten like you. At first reading “velocity jumping all over the place 877-890” seemed being way to picky. Then I realized I get the same way as these guns are capable of much better and I do the same. You are right each gun is a little different. I just this morning tried to put a Steve compact 25 cal tune on my Maverick. He had a 90 bar rear reg power wheel 4 and 880 fps. I couldn’t get mine adjusted above high 860’s to 870 with pw 4. However I bumped it to #5 and it set right at 877 fps shooting duplicate after duplicate. I shot one 50 yard group and it was easily moa. Prior to that it was tuned up in the low 900’s and while it was plenty accurate it was noticeably better at 877.