• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Panthera Barrel swap?

4852D122-4462-4C5A-91B3-61C09F058E74.png
0AFABEE0-6586-43D2-9A58-D7ED82DF428A.png
4CAC6DA3-8721-487E-881B-D7BF0457794A.png

01AC32C3-F622-4D12-BC20-3D33B2D3A8D8.png

Yeah but what about the shroud and plenum wouldn’t that be required for let’s say you want to go from a 500 to a 700mm barrel
Yeah I haven’t seen any complete barrel swap parts. And I don’t think we will because of the extra parts like the plenum being built in. It would probably be twice the price of the impact or maverick barrel kits.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I watched a very good video yesterday on you tube from Earnest. The Probe seems an easy swap. If you're staying with the same length of barrel, seemingly you could use any compete X barrel, with the new brass transfer port fitted and you would only need the correct calibre shroud 1/2" UNF adapter and probe. It's if you want different lengths of barrel it will be expensive, as mentioned you will need the plenum and shroud. I'm quite excited about this, as I have a number of spare barrels for my Impact...............

I watched a very good video yesterday on you tube from Earnest. The Probe seems an easy swap. If you're staying with the same length of barrel, seemingly you could use any compete X barrel, with the new brass transfer port fitted and you would only need the correct calibre shroud 1/2" UNF adapter and probe. It's if you want different lengths of barrel it will be expensive, as mentioned you will need the plenum and shroud. I'm quite excited about this, as I have a number of spare barrels for my Impact...............
So wait, you can any barrel heavy liners, everything really ?

If you stay with the same barrel length, the plenum stays the same. It would just be a case of the new TP , liner, barrel nut and probe. Utilising the existing barrel housing. Likewise if you swap between pellet and slug liners of the same length...it's a straight swap, from what I've seen it can be done under pressure BUT PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK.

Last edited:
If you stay with the same barrel length, the plenum stays the same. It would just be a case of the new TP , liner, barrel nut and probe. Utilising the existing barrel housing. Likewise if you swap between pellet and slug liners of the same length...it's a straight swap, from what I've seen it can be done under pressure BUT PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK.
Yeah I think you can under pressure. Just the liner! Not the liner and housing! So you would Unscrew the shroud, and then twist off the closed nipple and then pull out the liner slide in another one of the same length then put the nipple back screw on that shroud, put the thread protector back on or moderator and your done. But like you said, double check. Haha

I think that Huma is prevented from selling liners from europe into the USA, so if you are in USA find local vendor. When I tried to buy a liner got below message. Annoyed me as Huma lists a FX Heavy for .177, and it seems like they maybe exist in EMEA... but no one in USA seems to have yet. Maybe it is vaporware... maybe not. I did order from a USA vendor, but got note similar to "coming out, we dont know when, want to wait or get a refund?" I chose wait. I like quiet, and low air use, even knowing .22 is superior in so many other ways. I plan to pick up a panthera for Christmas, already getting misc parts and accessories.... I am hooked. My Gladius shoots pretty accurately, but man is it heavy and really hard to work upon as little to know "how to" stuff out there.

"We noticed you ordered some FX genuine parts in your order like a liner. Unfortunately FX Airguns dealer policy does not allow us to sent these items the USA or Sweden. (also mentioned on the product page)"