• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Panthera at 160 FPE, easy MOA 100 yards

What’s the advantage to not having a regulator?
Well you would hit a sweet spot where you could make much more power... It would essentially be a bell curve where you have too much pressure and your hammer spring setting isnt enough so it won't be delivering max FPE. Then after a few shots it will start to peak and then eventually go back down. No real reason to do that on a gun like the Panthera where you can find the optimal pressure and adjust from there. At 200 bar and heavier hammer that gun is going to do at least 180 if not near 200 FPE.

What’s the advantage to not having a regulator?
For me is less parts in the gun, more power on the first few shots and most of all no chance of regulator creep,.....as a hunter that operates in thick bush jungle conditions I have no need for a regulator at all.

I wish companies gave the option to get a gun Regulated or Unregulated, .......also it should be cheaper sans Reg 😉

Last edited:
First group under 1/2 inch at 100. I’m sure it won’t be the last.

F4265D94-8F86-4360-9304-890892D338C2.jpeg

I would try single hand loading a few groups to see if there is any difference but maybe that doesn’t matter as much with slugs. Is there an adjustable pin probe on the Pantera ? It makes a difference on PB rifles to seat the bullets to just about touching the lands in the throat chamber along with making all the other variables as close to the same on every load , bullet weight, case neck diameter, etc.

Insane indeed!
View attachment 327671

Good luck getting 11 sub MOA, mag fed, 160 FPE shots from a traditional/OG big bore......at that weight and ergonomics! Panthera will decimate big bore market! Only problem for now is availability, my Pathera does not even have an ETA at all at this point and my friends are waiting on mine before ordering.

HOWEVER! If someone is looking for 500mm Panthera, Utah air has 500mm Panthera in stock!!! I'm almost tempted to change my order.....almost.

The UA custom desert tan cerakote Pathera really has me drooling!
View attachment 327674
Does anyone know if they are going to make other colors?