• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Panthera at 160 FPE, easy MOA 100 yards

Seems like it really likes heavier slugs. I have not had any luck with anything under 70 grains. The 80s were flying at 950. Getting 11 shots per fill. First 4 shots were under a half inch and that was my first time shooting the 80s on paper, and I thought I really had something special for a minute. Still incredibly excited about this guns potential, or I guess I can say now proven ability. If this is as good as it gets I’m 100 satisfied with that.

C7DAAE70-D6B2-4BC5-9DB2-1EF932BD58FA.jpeg

01E969B5-A406-477D-85F5-78C478229950.jpeg

If that’s 22 caliber, the BC on that bullet would be incredible. And since it’s shooting under the speed of sound the entire way. It should out shoot a 22 Long rifle all day which I think was the intent. But I’ve never seen it spelled out that way. Is that correct? I bet it shoots the same size groups at 200 on a good day.

Mike
.30 I’ll try a few at 200 in the morning. All that match .22 ammo is below the speed of sound. Usually about 1050fps. It’s currently shooting better than any .22 I have ever seen, and I have watched a lot of groups from people shooting vudoo etc,

I would be happy with 1" groups with an air rifle.,but do not kid yourself,I have done them with a .22 rimfire Anschutz Model 54 silhouette.
I would have more fun doing it with an air rifle though.
Maybe someday we will see if the Panthera can beat the Great .22 rimfires,heck, totally old Winchester model 52s from 70-80 years ago can do great 100-yard groups. I feel the old competition is becoming the New Thing competition (y)

Absolutely, ........and that 100 yards group is insane.
Insane indeed!
d95b52c4-0cac-429f-9cea-76d993896401_text.gif

Good luck getting 11 sub MOA, mag fed, 160 FPE shots from a traditional/OG big bore......at that weight and ergonomics! Panthera will decimate big bore market! Only problem for now is availability, my Pathera does not even have an ETA at all at this point and my friends are waiting on mine before ordering.

HOWEVER! If someone is looking for 500mm Panthera, Utah air has 500mm Panthera in stock!!! I'm almost tempted to change my order.....almost.

The UA custom desert tan cerakote Pathera really has me drooling!
Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 9.25.09 AM.png

Last edited:
Absolutely, ........and that 100 yards group is insane.
Surpassed even my most unrealistic expectations. I have only shot about 10 total 100 yard groups. So I’m sure there will be one eventually without the flier, if you can call it that. All I did for this “tune” was max out the reg and click down on the micro adjust until I saw a very slight FPS drop. I have not messed with settings while shooting groups to see where it groups the best, so I’m sure I did not luck on to the optimal setting that easily. I bet somebody will get a gun shooting a half inch at 100 on a regular basis.

Insane indeed!
View attachment 327671

Good luck getting 11 sub MOA, mag fed, 160 FPE shots from a traditional/OG big bore......at that weight and ergonomics! Panthera will decimate big bore market! Only problem for now is availability, my Pathera does not even have an ETA at all at this point and my friends are waiting on mine before ordering.

HOWEVER! If someone is looking for 500mm Panthera, Utah air has 500mm Panthera in stock!!! I'm almost tempted to change my order.....almost.

The UA custom desert tan cerakote Pathera really has me drooling!
View attachment 327674
Lol, we must have been in high school around the same time frame because I still can’t hear the word insane without thinking about that song. Wish I did the cerakote option, that looks awesome. The ergonomics are excellent, air efficiency is amazing, the barell system is a huge improvement, so many improvements with this platform. Also a perfect small medium game power level. That no other Airgun or PB really fits. Way better than a .22 with the expansion and size of the slugs, and about %50 more powerful. Otherwise you would have to go up to .22 mag which for me is overkill and supper loud. Plus I hate cleaning PB. Much rather do it with in Airgun when possible.

Reactions: qball