• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

❓ Painting a Pop-Up Hunting Hide ➔ How?

❓ Painting a Pop-Up Hunting Hide ➔ How?

I bought a pop-up hunting hide (Summit Cobra Realtree*) (or is it called a blind instead of a hide??).

I live in the desert — so "realtree" and any of the other vegetation-colors are out....
➔ I need sand color — desert beige!! 😄
[Yes, when I bought it, I knew the color wouldn't work — I just didn't find an affordable option in my field color. 🤦🏻‍♂️ ]

❓ So, what suggestions do you have to change the color of my hunting hide to beige?

🔸(1) Spray paint?
➔ Will the fabric get damaged? What type of paint should I avoid?

🔸(2) Require my quarry to wear beige-tinted glasses so that my hide will blend in with the desert sand?
➔ They might not have a nose apt to wear glasses.

🔸(3) Cut pieces of beige fabric and attach them to the outsides of the hide?
➔This would make it heavier, and worse: the sliding windows won't work, this is hugely important to me.

🔸(4) Have a seamstress make a new hide, just use the hardware from the store-bought one?

🔸(5) Other options?

Thanks for your help. 👍🏼

Matthias

*What I bought:
Summit Cobra 2-Person Ground Blind Realtree Edge
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021169866?pid=630135 

Peru Desert Hills.1609018294.jpg

To me most importantly, what game are you hunting? I can't tell from the pic but it looks like some kind of bird. I really don't think the color will matter that much. Movement is your biggest concern. As long as it conceals your movement you are good. If there is any native brush around cut a few pieces of that and lean up against the blind. We call this brushing it in.

With most game don't expect to just put up a blind and expect the game to ignore it. Most know that there is something new there and it will take a while for them to get used to it. Ideally if it's in a place where you can leave it out they will get accustomed to it and then you're good. But you still have to move slowly and as little as possible.

https://www.ghostblind.com/

As long as you’re not on a salt flat with nothing to hide the profile these work pretty well.

I didn’t really answer the question you asked but thought I’d share as it came to mind as an alternative solution.

As long as you can leave it there for wildlife to become accustomed to its presence a bright blue porta John should work though haha

Bvc,

That is very kind of you. Shipping to South America is a bit pricey and complicated, but thanks a lot foe offering! 😊👍🏼

To all the posters — thank you for your input!

The paints mentioned are going to be hard to find in Peru, but I'm thinking that the hide material won't get damaged by just regular spray paint, will it? 

I'm still open to more suggestions.... — as I'm in no hurry to do this, I had to learn patience....! I already had to wait months for the hide to get to Peru with a friend that had a large enough bag as check-in luggage....! 😄 Though I'm told it was a PAIN because of its oversize....

Matthias

Put a thin layer of calk, silicon or even elmers glue on then pour sand on that. If you use glue dont let blind ever get wet. Will be some work but much better than paint.

Fuznut,

Your idea will not work for my particular circumstances — portable pop-up tent-style hide.

But your idea will work marvellously for the permanent hide I want to install in one of the desert hills!! 😄 THANKS!

So, gluing onto some fabric or tarp the very sand of the surroundings. 👍🏼

Does anybody have experience with gluing sand to a tarp or fabric?

How about glue in a spray can?

Matthias