Painted the Huben K1 Stock

MACTEN

Nov 18, 2020
IA
The wife has been on me to change the stock color to something else for over a year, and I finally got to it this last weekend. Didn't use the blast cabinet so I went with Alumahyde II. I used Krylon Fusion as the primer as it works really well sticking to polymer. The Color is Dark Earth AlumaHyde II. Baked for about 10 hours at 185 degrees and it's as hard a epoxy based paint can be. Next stock will be back to Cerakote when the humidity is down some. Just thought I would share as the only other options are buying the wood version (Which looks fantastic) Or Hydro Dipping it. I went with the more durable option as hydro dipping isn't the best option for a field gun.

IMG_1348.1649874914.JPG

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I like it a lot more than the OEM black stock. And it would be an awesome background to continue the project into a camo paint configuration (at least out in the sandy areas around where I live).

I agree about it being a good background for camo..but she likes simple earth tones. Was going to go with OD but we have enough OD as well. Either way it was her call and she likes it better now.

man if she lets ya have the gun"id wall paper it ifen that what make's her happy" it does look better then the stock addition"

This is almost the perfect air rifle for the wife. No cocking with every shot, accurate, easy to load and fill, pretty high shot count between fills, powerful. She likes everything about it and so.. it's hers. It' much darker in real life than the iphone could capture.