N/A Packable springers?

I haven't had a springer in 10 years or so, but I've missed their convenience and reliability.

The only drawback (for me) is the size of springers. Length is nice when I'm shooting, but packability is pretty nice for everything else. A smaller hard case for traveling would be luxurious, and (mostly) fitting inside a 50L pack would be great. I hoped to find some quality springers with simple, screw-on stocks --- similiar to what you have on the fx dreamline lite (pcp) or henry survival rifle (rimfire). A folding stock could also fit the bill.

Is a well-made, slightly-packable springer available or maybe a third-party stock? Is there a reason that it doesn't work?

If you have thoughts or know something I've missed, I'd appreciate reading them. Thanks!

Reactions: Bandito
Ha! That was fast. I was just typing up a reply to mention the BM8.

So, one thing I appreciate (maybe the most?) about springers is that the well-known manufacturers figured out how to make a reliable gun at least 20 years ago. I'm a bit wary of a new company adding of the extra mechanism for spring relief when folded. I guess I worry that it was designed more to be more cool than robust.

That said, I can't write it off without experience. If anyone has used the gun, I'd love to hear about it!

I remember the Chinese used to make springers with folding stocks or detachable stock. Don't know if they are still made. Quality, Power and accuracy? All most likely sub-par. QB6? QB 57? QB 51

1714675006282.png

1714675192309.png

1714675757567.png

Don't know if some of these bull pup will fit into a 50L pack, QB 89. El Gamo 68. Norica Goliath 88

1714676215649.png

1714676391585.png

1714676137525.png

Last edited:
QB6? QB 57? QB 51
I had wondered about these. If I come across one, it'd be fun to try out

Hatsan Mod 25 Super Charger?
I hadn't considered pistols, though I also see the Mod25 SuperTact. Pretty neat. Pyramid air says it's only 8ft/lbs though. Convenitent size and nice for targets

The pistol comments are interesting. I haven't looked into that side of springers. If there's one that'd be decent for small game, I'll probably end up giving it a try

why this configuration in a springer ?
Impromptu small game hunting. Since I rarely get out just for small game, I'm hoping for a convenient option to drag along on a trip just in case there are decent chances to take it out for a few hours. PCPs can be a little bit high-maintenance for this. That 1322 looks convenient though!

Looking like it'll be worth getting familiar with some pistols

Impromptu small game hunting. Since I rarely get out just for small game, I'm hoping for a convenient option to drag along on a trip just in case there are decent chances to take it out for a few hours. PCPs can be a little bit high-maintenance for this. That 1322 looks convenient though!

Looking like it'll be worth getting familiar with some pistols
HW44 is very accurate smallish , power can be there or not that is adjustable and easy hand pump top off pcp the only thing is it is $$$ this is on the high end . on the low end $$ a Marauder pistol is under $500 with a pump , and i think about 16 inches long and an aftermarket folding stock .

I had wondered about these. If I come across one, it'd be fun to try out

I hadn't considered pistols, though I also see the Mod25 SuperTact. Pretty neat. Pyramid air says it's only 8ft/lbs though. Convenitent size and nice for targets

The pistol comments are interesting. I haven't looked into that side of springers. If there's one that'd be decent for small game, I'll probably end up giving it a try
P1 should be great for small game..I remember getting really good at target shooting 10 yards at empty 22 brass.. started out with cans, then empty shotgun 12, then 20, then 410 and finally down to 22 brass freehand and that was back before I saw pistols with stocks.. but it must be the trend as it seems like a lot of things are getting configured like the notos..
myself if I have a stock, I want a long barrel and plenty of air or a spring gun..
pistol needs to be able to shoot freehand for me..
but it's why there's so many different options.. something for everyone 😊
I have really been tempted to get another P1.. I wish there were more options for PCP pistol that were 12" or less..if anyone has ideas of PCP pistol that are 12" or less..id like to hear.. the one that I wanted was a attaman ap16 compact but it was too much money for me, and now it's not available..
on that thought I had a webly tempest before the P1 and Iiked it better in size but the rear sight is not attached to the barrel so there's not as much accuracy as the P1.
Mark

USWAG here but one of the side folders on an HW44 might work well but I still like a springer, steel spring OR gas. Anyone have a side folding Chinee made pellet gun I could buy economically? Hmmm? Could make something work perhaps in a practical but not so pretty way? But pretty is as pretty does! Be Well, 'dito.
t think you can put a folder on the notos stock.. it just screws on with the standard buffer tube.. guessing that you could use a notos stock on a P1.. I do have the notos but I don't plan on using the stock.. pistol grips is what I have on since new