PA had the JSB Exact .177 8.4 grains in stock

" jsb hit right at the point where the vertical recticle goes from heavy to thin on the R9 with the scope on 9x. "

Hummm.....perhaps the scope is canted in the rings...........

Years ago I also had the same issue where the poi would shift from "center to right" at different distances till I started paying more attention to "reticle alignment". To solve my "canting issue" I first set my Beeman R9 (and HW95) in a couple vees cut in a box, then rotated the gun with mounted scope till the bubble of a "known good level" placed on the flat of the barrel pivot block was perfectly centered............

Then I loosened the scope rings and rotated the scope till the vertical crosshair perfectly aligned with a weighted string hanging from a window frame 18 yards away.......

Here is a scan of a target I shot to get a handle on the trajectory of a certain tune level from 10 yards to 50 yards. The poi was vertically aligned............

LOL.....that's exactly how I use my scope! I only use holdover aiming so I mark my AO or sidewheel with symbols representing which "reticle feature" to use for aiming after sharply focusing at different distances.

When I first started using "hold over aiming" decades ago I was using a 4-16x40 Bushnell Elite scope and learned that if I tuned my .177 R9 to shoot a 7.9 grain Crosman Premier at 910fps zero'd at 30 yards that the "tip of the lower duplex reticle point" would be dead on at both 10 yards and 50 yards. To hit a 1.5" diameter target at 55 yards all I needed was to put the "tip of the lower duplex reticle point" at 12:00 oclock high on the circle to hit the paddle of the target. Here are the marks on my Elite 4200 scope from decades ago............

For years now I've been using scopes with "dotted type reticles" which have more "aiming points", for example............

The scopes are set to max magnification (12x for the Optisan Viper) for "scope rangefinding" so the "depth of field" is shallow enough to get a reasonably close idea of the necessary holdover based on the "sharp focus distance".

LOL.....that's exactly how I use my scope! I only use holdover aiming so I mark my AO or sidewheel with symbols representing which "reticle feature" to use for aiming after sharply focusing at different distances.

When I first started using "hold over aiming" decades ago I was using a 4-16x40 Bushnell Elite scope and learned that if I tuned my .177 R9 to shoot a 7.9 grain Crosman Premier at 910fps zero'd at 30 yards that the "tip of the lower duplex reticle point" would be dead on at both 10 yards and 50 yards. To hit a 1.5" diameter target at 55 yards all I needed was to put the "tip of the lower duplex reticle point" at 12:00 oclock high on the circle to hit the paddle of the target. Here are the marks on my Elite 4200 scope from decades ago............

For years now I've been using scopes with "dotted type reticles" which have more "aiming points", for example............

The scopes are set to max magnification (12x for the Optisan Viper) for "scope rangefinding" so the "depth of field" is shallow enough to get a reasonably close idea of the necessary holdover based on the "sharp focus distance".

Ed it never fails... The information you provide in your posts is absolute gold. Just roaming the search feature today and found this one. Definitely worth a revisit.