• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI P3 Arrives in San Diego Thanks to Talon Tunes

Thanks to Tony at Talon Tunes, I just received my new P3 Performance in .22. We added a Huma-Air rail below the bottle. And an Altaros moderator with muzzle brake which does a really nice job. Received a card with a shot string and groupings at 50 yards. Also included was a T-shirt,mouse pad/work mat,note pad and pen. Along with the 11shot magazine, I also picked up a 1 shot tray.
IMG_0099.jpeg
It is compact at 30 inches…39 inches with the moderator. I am using a Delta Stryker 5-50 x 56
IMG_0112.jpeg

Unfortunately, the mounts that I had are too low to use the the cheek rest, and barely visible without it. Ordered some high mounts. Going to give the barrel a polish while I’m waiting for the mounts.
The one criticism I have is the case that the rifle comes in.
It is a nice hard plastic shell with foam interior and functioning latches. What the companies need to realize is the we all scope our rifles. Once a scope is attached, case is basically useless.
A little more interior volume, and your logo will be seen at ranges,clubs and events.
Instead, it is seen by no one as it occupies the closet.
I will be anxiously awaiting the mounts and hope to post more in the future
Stayed on the forum for 5 months without buying a new rifle :ROFLMAO:
Mike

Thanks to Tony at Talon Tunes, I just received my new P3 Performance in .22. We added a Huma-Air rail below the bottle. And an Altaros moderator with muzzle brake which does a really nice job. Received a card with a shot string and groupings at 50 yards. Also included was a T-shirt,mouse pad/work mat,note pad and pen. Along with the 11shot magazine, I also picked up a 1 shot tray.View attachment 440912It is compact at 30 inches…39 inches with the moderator. I am using a Delta Stryker 5-50 x 56
View attachment 440920
Unfortunately, the mounts that I had are too low to use the the cheek rest, and barely visible without it. Ordered some high mounts. Going to give the barrel a polish while I’m waiting for the mounts.
The one criticism I have is the case that the rifle comes in.
It is a nice hard plastic shell with foam interior and functioning latches. What the companies need to realize is the we all scope our rifles. Once a scope is attached, case is basically useless.
A little more interior volume, and your logo will be seen at ranges,clubs and events.
Instead, it is seen by no one as it occupies the closet.
I will be anxiously awaiting the mounts and hope to post more in the future
Stayed on the forum for 5 months without buying a new rifle :ROFLMAO:
Mike
Mike....CONGRATULATIONS! Looks fantastic with the Huma rail and moderator! Bet it shoots lights out! Let us know what ya think after some time with it. Good looking gun 🤗

Reactions: manabeknives
Thanks @Ranchibi
I have only been shooting my RAW for the last 10years, this is quite a change. The rifle has a nice balance point just in front of the trigger guard. Makes the handling very easy. Just polished the barrel and hoping the higher mounts come in soon. The cold metal on my cheek is really not comfortable, don't know how the P2 guys tolerated it for that long without a cheek rest...especially in cold weather. The pellet probe has a thinner lead on the tip than the RAW. I will need to be careful when i try slugs to avoid snapping it off from pushing in a fat slug. I read that it's a .217 for the size. I have .218 's and some .2175. The .2175 were very tight and didn't want to break the probe, so i used a chopsick to push it in...won't be using that size.
Still need to do some shot strings and counts per fill, but already seeing that the shot count is much larger than the RAW's..i'm guessing due to their new valve. On their website, it says up to 170 shots at 35 ft pounds with the 500cc bottle! Gonna be a long shot string..lol
Can't wait to try out the accuracy and percision at 50-100 and beyond...just wish that was today
Mike

Reactions: Spinach
Thanks @Ranchibi
I have only been shooting my RAW for the last 10years, this is quite a change. The rifle has a nice balance point just in front of the trigger guard. Makes the handling very easy. Just polished the barrel and hoping the higher mounts come in soon. The cold metal on my cheek is really not comfortable, don't know how the P2 guys tolerated it for that long without a cheek rest...especially in cold weather. The pellet probe has a thinner lead on the tip than the RAW. I will need to be careful when i try slugs to avoid snapping it off from pushing in a fat slug. I read that it's a .217 for the size. I have .218 's and some .2175. The .2175 were very tight and didn't want to break the probe, so i used a chopsick to push it in...won't be using that size.
Still need to do some shot strings and counts per fill, but already seeing that the shot count is much larger than the RAW's..i'm guessing due to their new valve. On their website, it says up to 170 shots at 35 ft pounds with the 500cc bottle! Gonna be a long shot string..lol
Can't wait to try out the accuracy and percision at 50-100 and beyond...just wish that was today
Mike
The new PCP's are usually much more efficient than our old school RAW! 170 shots @ 35 ft/lbs...my RAW is detuned @ 36-37ft/lbs and I get 70-80 shots....😂👍. With an SSG and lighter valve I could get 140 shots but it's shooting so well that I have kept it stock as I don't need that many shots but it would be nice! Enjoy shooting your P3! Let us know what you think, which I am sure will be outstanding! RTI and Taipan V2 are two I have been eyeballing...🤗. Also have heard the RTI with RPB barrels shoot slugs extremely well!

Congrats on the new rifle @manabeknives . I’ll be interested to read how it performs for you. I loved my P1 LR. Still have my compact but regret selling the LR.
Hi Tim
So far. everything is going very well.
I did make a small mistake by getting scope rings that were too low. I finally realized that i could adjust the rail for mor height. That did help. but just a little too low still if i use the cheek piece.
I did get a single shot loader from Orion Iguana Hunter. Nicely made piece, but the cheek piece does get in the way and you have to have nimble fingers to load in a pellet.
The cocking is a smooth, yet a little heavier pull back than what i have become spoiled with my RAW.
I looked into getting the RTI-LR barrel, but the prices on them have increased and are nearly $800 US.
I should have some time for the range today...i'll start at 50 for today and stretch it once i find the food it likes.
still waiting for the new shallows to arrive, but i did grab some Altaros to try at 100 yards+ ...Where am i going to do that in the city??? :unsure:
I did run a shot string off of a single fill ,,I am amazed at the 300 bar capacity!..and it was very consistent. I did a string of 120 shots(the rifle can do more, but i did a double-load and it killed the stats)resulting in an E.S of 18.85 and a S.D of 4.09...SWEET!!
But the BIG question is how accurate can it be. to be continued...
Mike