• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

P10 / P15 owners

Looking at getting an entry level bullpup, and the snow-peak/SPA/artemis/whatever P10/P15 appeal to me. The P15 is the newer and branded as the better model, but the P10 appeals to me more on paper. Having handled neither, I was hoping some people that did can comment, as I havnt been able to find any direct comparisons online.

First of all, the weight. The P15 is nearly half the weight; and looks like it. I wont be carrying this thing around all day anyway, so I really dont mind the greater weight. Can it really be the case that the weight has been cut by that much without flimsying up any important components? I certainly like the beefier look of the P10 better.

Ive handled the M22 and M16, which seem to share their action with the P10/P15 respectively. The M22 bolt action felt solid; the M16 sidelever was a rattly affair; and for the P15 apparently it is to be expected that the pin falls out after a little use and you have to patch it back together somehow. I get the advantages of a sidelever especially on a bullpup, but ill take a solid bolt over a rattly sidelever any day.

The magazines of the P15 seem like a clear downgrade to me over the P10.

The overall impression I am left with is that relative to their older lineup, snowpeak has been optimizing for cost aggressively, as bears out in the asking price as well. Many people seem to love the low prices and low weight; but I get the feeling id rather pay a little extra for the old model.

Am I missing something here?

I have a p15 in .25 caliber . It is a very lightweight rifle and compact.

Mine has bad barrel, and will not shoot accuratly . There is no parts support in the USA for this rifle and looking back it was a bad choice on my part to buy it. 

That said it is a nice platform the mags need some updating the trigger is crisp and I'm sure when I put a quality barrel on it it will be a good shooting pup.

If you are looking for a gun that is accurate out of the box I would look at other brands 

By the time I put a new barrel on it I could have bought a more expensive rifle 

Just my 2 cents

Mine has bad barrel, and will not shoot accuratly . There is no parts support in the USA for this rifle and looking back it was a bad choice on my part to buy it. 

That said it is a nice platform the mags need some updating the trigger is crisp and I'm sure when I put a quality barrel on it it will be a good shooting pup.

If you are looking for a gun that is accurate out of the box I would look at other brands 

Just my 2 cents

Can you please elaborate on why you think your barrel is bad 

one thing I know is that some of the SPA airguns are excellent 

slug shooters .

Just my 2 cents

A slug lap polish and recrown and taper with a little honing of the leade may surprise you.

CA

I will not buy anymore SPA rifles

CP-2 carbine barrel-bad

Varmit-barrel bad and just a bad design and materials

P-15 BAD barrel, missing snap-ring in the reg. bellvelles everywhere , awful crunching in the cocking lever

the magazines are the least of their problems

they have NO quality control. they have no respect for the customer when they sell us their junk

they lost my respect and my business

the only way they will change is to boycott them till they learn

for all the money I spent on my P-15 fixing it up, I could have bought Taipan

then I did get a Taipan, a Kozak and a HW110. I am not going back to China junk

I have exactly $1,077 in my P15. It had a bad barrel. The crown was done with an old drill bit. Had it recrowned and it was better but the cause of my frequent fliers was a bad lead. So I had the best barrel I could find put on it. Opened ports, increased plenum and a baffle kit from Europe. It is a tack driving powerhouse now but still has a creepy reg. So there goes another $100. Like I said in another thread, I call it my Chiapan. You could get a good one out of the box. Do you feel lucky? It is a cool gun. I like to shoot it more than my Tiapan Veteran. My Tiapan feels like I am holding a piece of treated 2x6 compared to my P15.

Coldair where can I get that done ? All of the gunsmith in my area run the other way when I say airgun

Its not that difficult to do it yourself. The good rewarding feeling when you do it yourself is PRICELESS...

The last video you don't need to use a lathe do it by hand yourself. Lapping and polishing compound paste

with a wooden craft dowel just smaller than your bore diameter wrap with cloth and manually work it.

It may take a while but it should help with your accuracy problems.

Push a pellet through with wooden dowel when done to inspect pellet.

Repeat process if necessary...

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/lapping-and-polishing-barrels/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcKOPUE25w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkg_2v2X3Ac

CA

Well I wasnt expecting perfection from either gun; if i end up liking it probably drop in a huma, but those barrel issues do sound serious. The typical owner sounds pretty happy though so I guess id be willing to play to snowpeak-QC-roulette...

But sadly nobody who can compare directly to the P10 yet from someone who has handled both? I get the impression the P10 never shipped in the numbers that the P15 did; very little available in the way of reviews either.

IF wanting a spa rifle you might be well sevrved to purchase one with the Diana brand stamp. IF PA or such is carring them parts & support should be available.

SPA was excelent about selling parts ( but no barrels) direct to customers from China and at a low cost but as soon a Diana contracted with them - and set there own QC standards for the contract we hope- parts are no longer available directly.

Weight difference could well be different air tube material.

John

Hello all, 

i own too a p15 in 22 caliber

out of box the gun are cheap, 

the first job i do is to polish the barrel, result are far better now, secondly opted an huma air and biggest plenum from Vash545

opened up the tp of barrel

today result is 270 m/s ecart spread 2m/s on 15 shot string

worked too on trigger a bit and now she's perfect.

the accuracy is present too i send you my best 5 group at 25m 

this is my best shot group with the rifle, of course the other are not so tight, but all group take place in 10cts pcs

1543921549_17332845515c065f8d87d112.27778671_spa p15 accuracy.jpg

of course there are some work on it, but i own too an FX Impact who need lot of job too and cost 4x the price of p15

Thank you 

Thierry

I purchased a P10 about a year ago in .25 absolutely love it! It shot pretty good at first but I like to tinker so after a mild polishing of the barrell with jewelers rouge I am achieving dime size groups with polymags off a bench at 30 yards. Loves Polymags and JSB 25 gr. I am getting 830 to 840 FPS. For an entry level PCP you cannot go wrong.I must have got a good one because I am very happy with my purchase! No Issues so Far. I also own an Impact in .25 and love it also.There is something about the P10 that I just love shooting it! It has a great trigger! I have 2 nine shot mags that cycle just fine.I made a single shot tray for larger ammo. Its Quiet! Its super Quiet now I put a Donny Tatsu on it! Its easy to sholder! Its Sporting a SWFA SS 16x42 Any critter with in 60yds is in Big Trouble. Im sure I can reach out a lot further! Love this scope have the same on my Impact! All in all can you tell I am happy with it!

Just my 2Cents

HarryO