• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

P-rod shooting to the left.

I just went out to zero my new Benjamin Marauder Woods Walker Pistol, which comes with a Centerpoint scope. Joe W. Rhea hates Centerpoint scopes. But anyway, I was unable to zero the scope at only about 10 yards or less. Even after adjusting the scope all the way to the right, the group is still left of center. I am guessing that this is because the Centerpoint scope is terrible, so I am ordering a Hawke 2-7 Vantage AO, which Joe W. Rhea likes. But I wanted to ask the forum guys what they think, because I have never had a gun that was so off before. What do you think is causing this?

739bdf0b6b01706522e898b72e53ad0f.jpg

All good suggestions. I ordered the Hawke rings to go with the Hawke scope. While waiting for the Hawke scope and rings, I will try to shim the Centerpoint and see if that can work. I am just hunting squirrels at short distance with a single red dot as a reticle. The Centerpoint should be able to do the job; this is not long distance target competition. I was just shocked at how far off the Centerpoint was at 5-10 yards.

Well, of course the poor documentation for the scope does not say which way is which. I just assume that moving it in the opposite direction from L would move it to the right. However, the grouping is so far off that moving it all the way in either direction has little effect.

I will just wait for the Hawke scope. If that does not work, I will send the gun back to Amazon for a refund and get a FX or Daystate. Apparently in the modern airgun world, one only gets garbage for $400. I used to shoot a lot in the 1970s and have been completely out of that world for 40 years. Never once have I had such problems. They don't make them like they used to.