• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I know he has made them for years, but i felt like sharing my copy of rapid-70 bullpup. i really like it. the weight distribution feels much better. my aiming is better on this version.
i am impressed with this pup, it looks practically factory to me.

bpup.jpg

If you have read my posts before, you know that budget has always been an issue for me with this hobby. So my modifications with this kit are linked to such thinking. Maybe not so purtty, but works good. i was told there is a custom adapter for fill and pressure gauge at end of tube, but another 100$ i was hoping to avoid.
First, the air gauge/manometer. the trigger link voids the original location. i tried playing without a gauge. i felt rather blind, not knowing if i have juice in the tank. After consulting with biohazardman, i dared to drill another hole in the airtube and rotate the mano mount 90degrees. Fortunately the orings must still be in good shape, since my idea worked. Got my gauge back in a safe to look at it location.

pupgauge.jpg

The other customization i did relates to factory fill port; with the ldc installed, it cant be filled. so my mickeymouse solution. The right angle may not look cool, but it works good. easier to attach the hose and no need to unscrew the ldc. it doesnt feel like it sticks out so much.

pupfill.jpg

The last item i wanted to mention is the optic. it aint no dedal. again kinda 'budget'. i havent tried other prisms, but this seems like it does what i need. the height is fixed so i was worried, but i trust amazons return policy. it is 3x, is about 8 ounce, about $300 so it checked all the boxes for me. i would prefer a 6x, but weight and budget again....
thanks for reading.

pupscope.jpg

I like your translation of the Rapid 70 kit, the gauge mod is the first I recall seeing. Very creative.

Here is my current Rapid 70. It has seen various configurations but this one seems to be the best fit for me at this time. Internals are mostly home brewed, crudely machined one off parts. 2mm stemmed peek poppet, cobra chambered valve, sub 10gram peek hammer, Huma reg, etc. IIRC the tune is 3-4 mags of JSB 10.5gr at 12fpe. BTW, running a Donny FL Tanto with cone type end cap allows for filling without removing LDC....

OgaE9n9.jpg

Last edited:
I like your translation of the Rapid 70 kit, the gauge mod is the first I recall seeing. Very creative.

Here is my current Rapid 70. It has seen various configurations but this one seems to be the best fit for me at this time. Internals are mostly home brewed, crudely machined one off parts. 2mm stemmed peek poppet, cobra chambered valve, sub 10gram peek hammer, Huma reg, etc. IIRC the tune is 3-4 mags of JSB 10.5gr at 12fpe. BTW, running a Donny FL Tanto with cone type end cap allows for filling without removing LDC....

OgaE9n9.jpg
Hey Mackerel, with your pellet weight and the 17 stamped on the receiver, it sure sounds customized. Sounds like maybe .177?
Wish I got 4 mags, but mine is more like 20+fpe.i still need practice shooting, but curious if 50yds will be accurate and pestable.

It is currently in 1720T (.177) configuration with the breech milled to accept Mrod style mags, the mag pictured is a 12 shot mags made by Umarex... A standard Prod .22 upper will swap right on and yield similar results in total energy. It is fairly easy to keep groups under 1" at 50 yards, but at 12fpe velocities wind is definitely a factor....

Reactions: qball
It is currently in 1720T (.177) configuration with the breech milled to accept Mrod style mags, the mag pictured is a 12 shot mags made by Umarex... A standard Prod .22 upper will swap right on and yield similar results in total energy. It is fairly easy to keep groups under 1" at 50 yards, but at 12fpe velocities wind is definitely a factor....

That looks awesome, how much did you have to mill the breach to make the mag fit? I might be able to 3D print a thiner cover for the mag and avoiding the need to mill the breach. Thanks!!!

Absolutely awesome pups. As a heads up, Carm makes .177 magazines for the Prod, so you can convert to .177 with a .177 Mrod barrel cut to length and a Fortitude bolt/cocking lug or machine down the factory Prod bolt to fit.
I talked Darko into making .20 cal magazines for the Prod. A .20 cal Prod should be fun. 🙂
Now I just have to get yet another Prod.

1A655502-1D28-4BBA-99FB-5B9EEDB85129.jpeg

Reactions: UCChris
Very cool on the alternate caliber Prod magazines. In hindsight perhaps I should not have carved up a 1720, but it's done now and I am more than happy with it.

I recently found a few NOS versions of my favorite little suppressor for adding to shrouded guns. STO no longer makes the Brevitas due to difficulty in manufacturing. It works very well on my 45fpe p15 and it works just as well on my Prod carbine and 1720t Bullpup.

This allowed me to shed the extra weight and length of the Tanto.

zmkpY51.jpg

dsPXgAg.jpg

Oh man, that mini carbine is schweeeet! I presume it has a Gen 1 Mrod trigger group. What stock is that and what trigger guard did you go with?
Thanks Chris. Gen 1 Mrod trigger assembly and a DIY bent piece of sheet metal trigger guard. Normally this gun has one of those nice Rowan Engineering triggers on it, but my .30 Brod project is borrowing the trigger. The Rowan trigger sits further back in the trigger guard than the OEM Mrod trigger.

stock is left over from my QB obsession.

Airgun Revisions sells the gen 1 style trigger assemblies with 3d printed trigger guards.

Reactions: UCChris
Thanks Chris. Gen 1 Mrod trigger assembly and a DIY bent piece of sheet metal trigger guard. Normally this gun has one of those nice Rowan Engineering triggers on it, but my .30 Brod project is borrowing the trigger. The Rowan trigger sits further back in the trigger guard than the OEM Mrod trigger.

stock is left over from my QB obsession.

Airgun Revisions sells the gen 1 style trigger assemblies with 3d printed trigger guards.

Thanks for the info!