P-rod, new grip and matching foregrip

The grips finally arrived after nearly 8 weeks. Found these from Poland and had to dress up the textreme p-rod some. Super fine finish work and precise fit. Checked it on another p-rod with a psi gauge and it fits perfectly too. Was concerned about the fore being held by the band but its tight and no play. Grip is reminicent of the old Radom P-64 ones with the cutout, definitely has the old Eastern European feel. ( sorry for the powder reference) Air stripper gets removed for competition though, makes it too long. Hawke Airmax Touch, 3-12
89D379C4-F3D4-4141-90A3-46AF25B063AE.jpeg
CC25E9C1-78C7-40E0-8929-299C19459C0D.jpeg

Sqrl -

I see that your long barreled "pistol" is still a "pistol", and not made into a rifle !! Very cool !

That being said, how do you like the long barreled pistol ?

The reason that I'm curious, is maybe making the Kral, NP 03 into a pistol. Shorten the barrel to the length of the air cylinder to help with the overhang weight, and shoot it like a pistol.
What do you think ?

Mike.

Last edited:
Squrl -

I see that your long barreled "pistol" is still a "pistol", and not made into a rifle !! Very cool !

That being said, how do you like the long barreled pistol ?

The reason that I'm curious, is maybe making the Kral, NP 03 into a pistol. Shorten the barrel to the length of the air cylinder to help with the overhang weight, and shoot it like a pistol.
What do you think ?

Mike.
Its no longer than a stock p-rod actually. Offhand is somewhat heavy, but the adjuster and scope position help balance it and brings the CoG backwards some. Shooting EFT Pistol with it so one class uses sticks and another off the knee but even offhand its shootable. The eye relief is so short the eyecup, when attached, allows for some extra stability when raised to position offhand. Scope weight and position made the biggest difference, one inch back and its awkward to me. I never cut down a rifle to make a pistol either. Wanted to, but was cautioned about the barrel indexing and porting already being done and would be very hard to cut down accurately. Im not that good to know for sure but I trust what he says. A bottle fed m-rod pistol won the textreme pistol match recently, so its very doable and doable with good results. The MD did another rifle to pistol conversion recently as well. Ive never shot a Kral so can’t say much to your specific gun. Maybe start a thread and see what other Kral owners think? Best of luck!

Thanks all. Can't wait to shoot it in the next Textreme Pistol. Might even throw a stock on it for FT this weekend for practice. :unsure:Been the most rewarding and educational build so far, along with her big brother P-Rod-B SVD. It looks more like a Walmart version of a Cheytec Interv. than an SVD but I tried. Go with what you got!