P-Rod Bunnies

Recently picked up a prod and have been having a blast shooting this little rig. Loves CP 14.3gr pellets and also liked the polymag shorts. Since my last visit to the farm resulted in seeying many rabbits around, I decided to go hunt some with this little rig within 50 yards. Well, the visit did not disappoint, while I was sighting in the prod, there was bunnies already running around. Finished making sure the little rig was spot on out to 50 yards and the hunt began. I took all my shots withing 40 yards and maxed it out to a few collard doves and starlings out to 50 and the little prod dropped them no problem. Here are a few pics of the rabbits that went home with me and I will be grilling them soon. Until next time, enjoy some pics.

20210417_091136.1618849308.jpg
20210417_090603.1618849309.jpg
20210417_073528.1618849309.jpg
20210417_072923.1618849310.jpg
20210417_071011.1618849311.jpg

Congrats on getting that PRod and excellent shooting on those bunnies, doves, starlings and....gopher!? Nice pics.

Thanks bro, I think its a mole, got him while I was stalking the rabbits, I was sitting in my chair and my right eye caught movement of some weeds and saw him poke his head out about 10 yards...gave him a polymag to the dome 😁

Congratulations on the bunnies and thanks for the nice pictures and story.

I got my Prod last year and enjoyed taking squirrels out of my backyard trees with it. I tuned it up to 700-750 fps when I had a couple run off. Last six were drt.

I add a piece of 2x4 to mine to raise the comb and then changed the buttstock entirely. Mine is made of a piece of 7/8 OD aluminum tube with a 5/16 fine thread bolt projecting from one end and a 1/4 coarse thread t-nut in the other end for a butt plate.
11 clean side.1618870423.jpg

Good shooting. Any idea how it compares to a Crosman 1322?

I dont sorry, but from the looks of it, this one is a pcp, multi-shot. I'm liking this little rig for birds and close range ratting and rabbits. I also have shot a few squirrels with it at 20 yards and they dropped on the spot with the polymags.

Thanks WIseguy. I have a 1322, and it is single-poop, pump 10 times air pistol. I'm thinking I want a P-rod like yours. I just can't decide between .177 and .22. I'm more of a splatter target shooter than a hunter, so I leaning toward a .177.

I dont sorry, but from the looks of it, this one is a pcp, multi-shot. I'm liking this little rig for birds and close range ratting and rabbits. I also have shot a few squirrels with it at 20 yards and they dropped on the spot with the polymags.

Thanks WIseguy. I have a 1322, and it is single-poop, pump 10 times air pistol. I'm thinking I want a P-rod like yours. I just can't decide between .177 and .22. I'm more of a splatter target shooter than a hunter, so I leaning toward a .177.

I believe the p-rod only comes in .22.

I discovered that you are correct. Mine should arrive tomorrow. What scope is on yours?

I discovered that you are correct. Mine should arrive tomorrow. What scope is on yours?

looks like its currently out of stock, here is where I got it from

https://www.amazon.com/T-EAGLE-3-12X42SFIR-Illuminated-Etched-Reticel/dp/B088838V1G?ref_=ast_sto_dp

for $130 its a great little FFP compact scope with an awesome reticle.

I also have one of the Westhunter scopes, another great option for the money, I have one on my Cricket and its great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CT43GJR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A79PC7RXI8RON&psc=1