Benjamin P-Mag leak: could it be this simple?

About three years ago I bought a few P-mags. One I tricked out with some aftermarket accessories and is my go-to critter getter. Held air for near 18 months, needle never dropped. The other was a different story. At first, it held air fine. Did a few upgrades and was gonna give it to my 16 y/o sun as he enjoys taget shooting.

Thing is not long after I finished mounting an optic, it couldn't hold air overnight. Figured it was a dud and intended to send it back for service. The pandemic got in the way, was working six days a week and so on. It got perched in the back of the closet. Until this morning.

I was checking sights on a few other PCP's, getting ready for target and groundhog season. Thought I'd try to see if the "dud" P-mag would hold some air. Topped it off and within ten minutes it lost 250#. Got thinking, I put an aftermarket forend on it way back, could this be pressing on the gauge or something? So I took it off about an hour ago. Still holding at 2750# as of now.

Could such a simple thing as a little pressure on the gauge cause it to leak air like that?

YES, could be.
I currently have four Benji PCP's including the one mentioned. Two have not been fired in over 18 months. Every few months I get them out and check pressure and the one might have lost a few pound, but not enough to worry. I've been shooting airguns my whole but only into the PCP world about four. I'm still watching it. Glad I held onto the original forend!