Ozark Mountain Airgun Club's First Event

Kwilson, glad to have you and your friend join us!

We havent really discussed it yet Bowhunter73. I am more inclined for the "hunting" campground just because its only 5 mins drive to the range and cell signal. But if the ground is wet at all, we had better all have 4wd. 

The campground in middle of area has parking pads at ea site and a vault toilet. But if we want to go to the range at all, its a good 20 mins+ drive. 

The 2 campgrounds down by the river are just a small clearing and have the potential of getting a bit crowded.

Teep, I totally understand not wanting to sleep on the ground and bringing a RV.

I talked with the manager of the conservation last week and he was going to send me a group permit for the south side campground. He was suppose to call me back this week about some questions I had. I can ask him if RV's can be used at that campground when I speak to him. 

Casey and I are trying to get the details ironed out. I will edit the original post when we have times and whatnot, figured out. Hopefully in the next couple days.

OK, so after texting Casey back and forth about campground location. We figure it is best for those planning to attend to voice their preference. I know we don't have to all camp together, but I am of the opinion that it sure would create a more enjoyable time. Our 2 options are:

The central campground with parking pads, a vault toilet, and some fire rings?

Or

In the woods, closer to the range and secluded?

No location is set in stone and I'm flexible with whatever. But would like some feedback from others. Thanks

The Camping Options are posted on the following images below.

Screenshot_20210913-222656_onX Hunt.1631592079.jpg
Screenshot_20210913-222707_onX Hunt.1631592088.jpg
Screenshot_20210913-222719_onX Hunt.1631592104.jpg
Screenshot_20210913-222738_onX Hunt.1631592111.jpg
Screenshot_20210913-222809_onX Hunt.1631592118.jpg
Screenshot_20210913-222825_onX Hunt.1631592127.jpg
Screenshot_20210913-222940_onX Hunt.1631592132.jpg

If you have any questions please post them to the forum! Sam and I will do our best to get you an answer as soon as possible so you have time to plan your weekend camping situation.

Ready to meet up with you all, enjoy a good 'ol campfire meal, and put some miles in my boots stalking some squirrel!

Bonus Image: I think I'm done modifying this years Squirrel Hunting Setup.... or am I missing something 🤔.... 

20210829_194133.1631592644.jpg

When I went a month ago almost all the activity was down at the river access's. During the fall, I'd assume the place is mostly used for horse back riding, hiking, and hunting.

At the main campground, the west side has the longer parking pads for trailers and seemed to be mostly used for those with horses. The east side pads is where the vault toilet is, but the areas around the parking pads are minimally cleared. And tent sites can be tricky because the area cleared is also where the fire rings are. So folks may want to bring a weed trimmer if tent camping in order to create a more accommodating tent clearing. If we congregate more towards the west side, there's the chance of competing with potential horse riding clubs, but there are more flat areas for tents. And of course, horse manure.

Leaves are just starting to fall off certain species trees, so its looking like there will be some undergrowth and leaves still on the trees come Oct 2nd

Well we just had a hiccup. After all those fancy pics Casey made and shared. A different conservation guy called me back this am. The campground on the south side is going to remain closed. They want to fade it out. The good news is, he said he would make another group site avail to us, if we want. He said he mowed it last week and can mow it again before we get out there. Its down by a creek and a torn down bridge, among a walnut "grove". Not at all far from the main ground. I asked if RV's were allowed, and he said its a gray area. I think its one of those situations that occasional use with RV is fine, just not all the time.

The big circle is the main, the small circle is the group camp site. I plan on staying at the small circle. It is a pretty area down there and more tent friendly. Should be a big enough area for a couple campers too

Screenshot_20210914-100715870.1631633202.jpg