owners of compressors, one year later.

Suggesting the Alkin to someone who states that "$700" is a lot? OK.

LOL. I agree but having done this three or four times and every which way its pretty hard to sugar coat the reality. I had a daystate 110 and a nitrogen set up and finally bought the ALKIN. LOTS of guys use the YH compressors with great success and I am offering no criticism but I question three things about them. 1st how long will they last 2nd is the air produced truly dry and clean 3rd do you really not mind dealing with water cooling and the time required to fill your tank. The used Bauer is fine IF? you can find one and have a source for service. My understanding is the air dryers frequently need service and it’s not cheap. So here is my suggestion buy the Alkin if you can. If not buy the HY and set it up correctly. There is a TON of information on the forum. I know most can not manage the Alkin or even need it but I can tell you it’s REALLY nice. My advice is don’t spend $1000 or $1500 as I did first . If you are going to dive in go to the deep end of the pool .

I agree that the Alkin seems to be a fantastic unit. But, refer to the original post-views on what one might do seem to be helpful if they fit the parameters noted. As to the other items-MY Yong Heng is now almost 3 years old. I used it yesterday to top off a Great White tank to 4400 from 3000. Took all of 12 minutes. I've never found any water inside my tank. I have an MCH6 and it is more convenient by far than the Yong Heng and a bit faster. But it's also a LOT more expensive.

I think the most important information that needs to be clearly on the table is that the units costing between $1000 and $2000 are pretty often NOT receiving good reviews. NOW there are exceptions. If you don’t use them a lot and if you can avoid running them to 300 plus bar you can do ok with them too. In my particular situation I shoot a lot and I spent too much money trying to save money. That’s the cost of education. I started in 2018 and there is a lot more information available now. I got a bum daystate. It was noisy from the beginning and I probably didn’t break it in correctly and I used it hard. Now AOA made it right and I sold it to a fellow with instructions as to how to use it and I think he’s doing OK with it.

I have a Yong Heng for a little over two years and all is well but I only fill the gun, no tanks. I can't say I would recommend it for long fill times but mine never gets over 40 centigrade so it is not really getting tested. 20 to 25 seconds and open the bleed valves and shut down. Also my gun is tuned for 2500 psi so that makes for an easy life for the compressor.

Suggesting the Alkin to someone who states that "$700" is a lot? OK.

LOL. I agree but having done this three or four times and every which way its pretty hard to sugar coat the reality. I had a daystate 110 and a nitrogen set up and finally bought the ALKIN. LOTS of guys use the YH compressors with great success and I am offering no criticism but I question three things about them. 1st how long will they last 2nd is the air produced truly dry and clean 3rd do you really not mind dealing with water cooling and the time required to fill your tank. The used Bauer is fine IF? you can find one and have a source for service. My understanding is the air dryers frequently need service and it’s not cheap. So here is my suggestion buy the Alkin if you can. If not buy the HY and set it up correctly. There is a TON of information on the forum. I know most can not manage the Alkin or even need it but I can tell you it’s REALLY nice. My advice is don’t spend $1000 or $1500 as I did first . If you are going to dive in go to the deep end of the pool .

1st how long will they last

Several of us are over the two year mark and some are at three years so far. If you get a good one they last. One of mine with QC problems only made it a couple of hours and cost $12 to fix. So, it's hard to say how long they will last but parts are cheap anyway.

2nd is the air produced truly dry and clean? 

It's as dry and clean as you choose to make it with whatever filters you decide to use.

3rd do you really not mind dealing with water cooling and the time required to fill your tank.

Once the water is there you don't have to mess with it very often and the Yong Heng Compressors are about the fastest around even beating out far more expensive units.

They are really not made to fill large tanks but will do so in a pinch if it is required of them. It just needs to be done in stages. But we never shoot our guns down to zero nor empty our tanks that far so only need to top things off and the little Yong Heng will make short werq of it.

Me I plan on getting an Alkin even though I really don't need one and it will definitely be under utilized.

This is really more than I need already.

Would I buy a Yong Heng again, YES. is a perfect compressor, NO.

It's been a real love hate relationship. between bad seals from the factory and the top of the piston disintegrating, it's been a maintenance nightmare. On the other hand, it's a simple device that can be repaired by the home user and enough YouTube videos exist to get you through the worst of it.

Best is that even with the problems, it's paid for itself several times over.

I would suggest buying a couple extra Dowdy Seals (don't remember the size, it's in other threads). Mine has a number of those and so far two have leaked so badly the compressor couldn't achieve pressure. once diagnosed 2 minute fix for both. Diagnosis took a while.

I'm told the piston in the new models is better. Few other reports of piston problems. Nice design though as the piston top that broke is a small part that screws into the piston rod. Cheap repair but had to wait a couple months for parts to come from China.

Do be careful of the pipes on the front of the compressor. I've burned myself number of times.

The Tuxing compressors have few pipes and such, I like their designs better though I have no experience with them. They seem to be about $100 more so may not be worth the money, I can't say.

Considering what this thing does, it's phenomenal for $250 or $300, but my experience hasn't been perfect.

2+1/2 years and 70 hrs on my Carette and it’s still working just fine. I just fill a 45 min. tank To 4000psi once a week and change oil every 8 hrs. As it’s approaching the area where a rebuild may be needed and parts and assistance are questionable, I too am faced with the same high end/low end dilemma for its replacement. I’m 73 and shoot every day but 99% is with .177 so I don’t use a lot of air. An Alkin is doable but at this age is it really practical? Uj

If I was not clear in my earlier post... the drain tube IS SUPPOSED to drain grease and water. I highly doubt that your compressor is compromised. Yes, the pump can pump to 4500 psi without issue. With careful management, I have topped off my scba tank 10's of times with the pump. Now, I have a Young Heng for the heavy lifting, but still regularly use this little pump to fill the guns when at the range and/or when casually shooting at the home range.

IF you still have time left on the warranty why not use the hell out of the pump and get the most out of it??

That my friend this the fastest way to void a warranty ( Open up a non maintenance unit) and the knocking,, it was just saying hi? lol . I spent a little more money and got TUXING 4500Psi Pcp Air Compressor,Double Cylinder High Pressure Pump,Adjustable Presssure,Air Rifles Paintball Tank 110V(TXED012). I would like to thank everyone for your comments.