Overbearing Bears..

I see one or two Black Bears around my house every year; not big deal as they usually stay on the perimeter.

I don't know what it is with this year, but I have seen five different bears and they are all over my yard; no feeders.

I just had to chase two smaller ones away from the swimming pool which is at least 150" from any woodline.

I can barely believe it!! Guess I'll just have to grin and bear it :)

This a big boy my wife caught on camera last month at my 27 yard target.

bear.1624478374.jpg

And they do "things" anywhere they want to!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK2jbNi5n7Q

I see one or two Black Bears around my house every year; not big deal as they usually stay on the perimeter.

I don't know what it is with this year, but I have seen five different bears and they are all over my yard; no feeders.

I just had to chase two smaller ones away from the swimming pool which is at least 150" from any woodline.

bear.1624478374.jpg

That is HUGE for a black bear.

my parents had to stop using suet feeders because of black bears.

For us at the moment, it's skunks. Dug under a mesh barrier and now living in my crawlspace. Need to figure out how to get ALL of them out so i can close it off without one dying trapped down there... they were going nuts out there / down there last night. Got into a brawl with a neighbor's cat, all kinds of stink. In the suburbs with close neighbors so shooting them seems like it is not an option. Trying "janitor strength" ammonia on rags, see if i can stink them out. Doubt it will work of course. 

I trapped skunks,I was trying to trap raccoons and possums,so now what do I do,Killing is Out,. My cousin told me a skunk can not lift its tail high enough while in the cage to be able to squirt you.....OK,anyhow I could see the skunk was no going to squirt me so I put a blanket over the cage and took skunk out to the fields ,know what ,as it walk away it turned around and smiled at me.....such a happy ending....LOL.

ps It may be better to hire someone to get rid of those skunks...

bear.1624478374.jpg

The amount of black bears we have here in Sussex county in NW New Jersey would amaze you. That's a nice bear, but I would no way call it huge. I routinely see 400-500 lb black bear. A couple towns over in Jefferson a few years ago, a hunter took one just over 800 lbs.

my parents had to stop using suet feeders because of black bears.

For us at the moment, it's skunks. Dug under a mesh barrier and now living in my crawlspace. Need to figure out how to get ALL of them out so i can close it off without one dying trapped down there... they were going nuts out there / down there last night. Got into a brawl with a neighbor's cat, all kinds of stink. In the suburbs with close neighbors so shooting them seems like it is not an option. Trying "janitor strength" ammonia on rags, see if i can stink them out. Doubt it will work of course.

I've had some success discouraging them by putting a light in the crawl space-I've also been told a radio will discourage them too. It's one of the pleasures of living rural to be having a dream about skunks spraying and wake up to find one just sprayed under the house! Apparently instead of a cigarette after lovemaking everybody sprays! They den up in dark quiet spaces, especially in the fall.