over filled the Akela

Actually I was standing right there holding the gun. Didn't have my glasses with me and couldn't see where the guage was at. Dumb ass attack on my behalf. Just used to it shutting off. I then tried to fill my Crown up, the Yong Heng won't hook up to it. The gun came with an adapter I called Ken and he said to put that on the compressor and I should be ok
JPW

I'm going to write down what I did to replace that just in case someone runs into the same problem and needs a little help. It's real easy once you've done one.

1 Locate the burst disk, it's right under the back of the barrel. Brass set screw.
2 Take off your scope so that you can get to the two set screws that hold on the picatinny rail.
3 Take the two screws out and slide off the rail.
4 Inside the hole where the two screws were that held the rail on there are two more screws that hold the barrel in. Loosen those about 1 turn
5 remove the barrel
6 Take out the brass screw and take out the bad burst disk. Replace with a new one
7 Just reverse the procedure to put it back together.

Hope it helps
JPW

It was a burst disk. I got it fixed thanks for the help. It was actually pretty easy. The hardest part was realizing in order to pull the barrel you have to find the two set screws that are in the hole that the pic rail screws go in. Once I found them it was pretty much cut and dry. Thanks for the help
JPW
@wethy Sounds like a Benjamin build. After the first time or two it gets easier to remember. What I did early on was draw my own diagram of my gun and made notes on which screws go where. (For example some may be longer than others and I’d note that with arrows to let me know which screws go where). I also have used labled containers OR placed small containers holding my screws around the diagram that I drew that the placement of the containers correspond to where the screws go. After disassembling a gun several times I got faster. I think with repetition one should start to remember where everything goes and the order to remove and replace various parts with less effort. Sometimes it helps to record yourself taking things appear if it’s something more complicated. Glad you got it sorted out. Great to have knowledgeable folks on the forums like @thammer to reply swiftly with good information.

Last edited:
Actually I was standing right there holding the gun. Didn't have my glasses with me and couldn't see where the guage was at. Dumb ass attack on my behalf. Just used to it shutting off. I then tried to fill my Crown up, the Yong Heng won't hook up to it. The gun came with an adapter I called Ken and he said to put that on the compressor and I should be ok
JPW
I too have an Akela and Crown. You have good taste! he he