• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Our "Wannabe like Manabe" challenge ;-) 4/25/15

Haha, it's all good. I love to see what we can all do at different yardages. If, yall want , open another thread and call it the 25 yard Wannabe Manabe challenge? Or you could let it be any yardage you desire? The 13 Meter Wannabe Mannabe , 20 yard Wannabe.....etc etc

The threads could be yardage specific and we'll try to stay within that particular thread's listed yardages?

I sure do enjoy all the banter and precision shooting on this thread, but you guys are certainly welcome to take the Manabe challenge and start completely new threads. You know I'll be there to share in the fun ;-)

I'm worried we'll have this thread so long eventually it will be hard for new comers to follow it completely? What do you guys think? Maybe a new weekly thread, or monthly thread with our namesake's challenge?

Heck if CK keeps shooting like he's shooting we'll have the CK 100 yd challenge before long! LOL

I agree Camp, if CK keeps it up I'm taking my hat out of the ring! lol. He is putting up amazing 100 yard groups.

I think the a yardage specific thread is a great idea and I'm definitely in.

I was finally able to finish off the last of my 100 shot target at 30 yards. I don't know what was going on it numbers 97-99 and I wasn't happy with number 100 so, I shot number 101 at the sight-er in the top right. That's the way I wanted number 100 to be!! lol.

Anyway, this was a lot of fun. I'll be keeping a look out for the new threads.

Craig

That's a great looking 30 yd Target Craig. I'm trying to talk my airgun buddy Paul who lives up the road from into getting one of those .22 BSA R-10s ;-)
He's gotta .177 Daystate MK4 right now and of course....you know how this addiction is......he's gotta have something new already ;-)
I'll join in if you start a 30 yd thread. Might not be right away, but I will as soon as possible. Been raining like crazy here. We got that tropical storm banging us right now ;-)

Anyway, if Paul gets a BSA and I like it.......you know it will be on my shopping list for next year ;-)

Careful Camp! If he gets one, I don't know if you'll be able to say no. I know from personal experience. We sell PCP's where I work and this R-10 had been sitting for a year with no interest. So, I talked to the owner and asked him if he wanted me to try and sell it online. He was all for it. Before putting it up for sale, I wanted to test the gun so I could supply a target and chronograph string for perspective buyers. It shot so good, I bought it for myself! You've seen the results. Not even 500 pellets through it!

Craig

I've been anxious to take this challenge. Some have asked why I haven't taken the challenge with my .25 Swift Rapid. Well the truth is because this challenge is about ultimate accuracy, and the Swift I own is not regulated (which has its pros & cons). It helps that the barrel is indexed, but I still have to deal with a little vertical shift in the POI throughout a 50 shot string. 

So why am I telling you this? Because I recently purchased a used Royale 400 (regulated & tuned) that should arrive next week. If its as good of a shooter as the original owners claims... then hopefully I can give you all a run for your $.

I think I'll open a new Topic because the distances in this topic are all over the place.

"Michael"I've been anxious to take this challenge. Some have asked why I haven't taken the challenge with my .25 Swift Rapid. Well the truth is because this challenge is about ultimate accuracy, and the Swift I own is not regulated (which has its pros & cons). It helps that the barrel is indexed, but I still have to deal with a little vertical shift in the POI throughout a 50 shot string. 

So why am I telling you this? Because I recently purchased a used Royale 400 (regulated & tuned) that should arrive next week. If its as good of a shooter as the original owners claims... then hopefully I can give you all a run for your $.

I think I'll open a new Topic because the distances in this topic are all over the place.

Yay Michael, that's great...we anxiously await your entry ;-)

100 Shot Memorial Day Practice
All my normal stats...Shot with a HM1000x in ,22 cal from a distance of 13m
pellets=JSB 18.1 grain Jumbo Heavies 5.53 head
scope=Hawke 8-32x56 Sidewinder...for this target, the scope was set to 8x magnification

Some people wanted to know what kind of bench I shoot off....well it's kinda basic...lol

"CampFussell"Hope you're having a great Memorial Day Michael. Great to have our namesake posting again ;-)
Love the upside down picture and frame for the table top you're shooting from ;-)
Thanks Jimmy! Hope you're having a Great day also!
the picture frame is an improvement from the hunk of plywood I was using before...lol

"Michael"Damnit Mike, THAT IS RIDICULOUS! At least you left a little room for improvement on targets #23, #36 & #49.

I think its time you take the 20 yard & 30 yard challenge outdoors, just to prove that you are human. :)

Lol...Thanks Michael
Yep...human...lol... but without a neighbor crazy enough to allow a guy with an air rifle permission to shoot in their backyards!! lol
I will try to go to a range and set up some shots over there., but Man! do you carry a lot of baggage when you go somewhere to shoot an air rifle!
Mike

Most of the ranges in San Diego are indoors...and most only to 25m. Mainly suited for people with handguns.
There are some ranges that are outdoors that will allow you to move the distance of the targets, but those are miles away from my apartment. And even at those ranges, you have to have the target set for at least a 1/2 hour between cease fires.
I am just a BR shooter...my comfort zone is at 25m. Unless there is a reason for it...I seldom shoot beyond that. 

"Michael"Given your 1st place finish at the 2014 EBR 25m event... I'd say you've found your niche.

I don't know much about BR. Are all of the events 25 meters?
MIchael,
Over at LD"S Ranch where we get together for our BR matches...Larry has 2 ranges. One at 25m, the other is at 50 m. We generally shoot from the 25m range, and occasionally use the 50m....just depends on what the guys want to shoot.

The Phoenix Airgun Club has regular matches out to 100 yards. At this range, you are able to use "Slug Guns" because they have proper backstops.

And of course we have the EBR hosted by Airguns of Arizona which has it's famous 75m BR competition.

With the EBR moving to Phoenix, will see more of the "Slug Guns" entering into the long-range competition at 200 yards.