• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Our "Wannabe like Manabe" challenge ;-) 4/25/15

Alright, I'm throwing my hat in. This is my first 40 shots. It's all my four month old would let me do today. My range is 30 yards exactly. I'm shooting a brand new, 250 pellets though it, BSA R-10 MK2, in .22 CAL. As with Mike's rifles, it also prefers the JSB 5.53 MM head. This was a lot more fun then I thought it would be. I love the level of concentration it makes you maintain and the instant result of when you've let that concentration waiver. I'm hoping to finish the target tomorrow but, might not be until the weekend.

"SPDRCER"Alright, I'm throwing my hat in. This is my first 40 shots. It's all my four month old would let me do today. My range is 30 yards exactly. I'm shooting a brand new, 250 pellets though it, BSA R-10 MK2, in .22 CAL. As with Mike's rifles, it also prefers the JSB 5.53 MM head. This was a lot more fun then I thought it would be. I love the level of concentration it makes you maintain and the instant result of when you've let that concentration waiver. I'm hoping to finish the target tomorrow but, might not be until the weekend.

These are fantastic shoots from 30yrds....your target looks Great! I'm very interested in BSA rifles. I like the looks of the new "Gold Star" line...been getting some great reviews...Your R-10 looks to be a very capable shooter indeed! Glad you threw your target in the hat. Looking forward to the rest of your post....Nice Shooting
Mike

Thanks CK! It will definitely turn into a weekly thing for me. I'm loving this R-10 so much, I never want to put it down. It is seriously close to getting bed space!

Thanks Mike! This is my second BSA and like the first, this R-10 is proving to be accurate. I'm looking into a HuMa reg for it and a carbon 480cc bottle from RAW. It would be my perfect gun at that point. And honestly, if I never get those, I'll still love this gun! I can't say enough about them. 

Craig

"snakedoctor9"That is truly impressive. I don't believe I could come close to something like that unless I could touch the target with the muzzle....
Thank You snakedoctor9
You should try a shot at this...will be doing it on a weekly basis. You'll be able to see the improvement in your targets as the weeks progress. It's a way to practice with a little competition mixed in....hope your game!
Mike Manabe 

I tried a bit of shooting at the 1/4 inch target today, at 13m but the wind was just to tough. The indicator(a 1/2"x10" strip of plastic grocery bag) at the target was going left, right, and back not all at the same time mind you. The one 10' in front of it was hard to the left, and the next one between that and my rifle was mostly pointing at me. 

I'll try again this evening if the wind calms down but in the mean time a friend is coming over to practice for his first FT match in a couple weeks. It should be interesting to see how he handles the wind.....hehe.

Mike - you are the man to beat - that is really nice shooting - something to challenge us to achieve.

I tried one of my springer guns and I have to say, cocking it over 100 times was a lot of work. 
I used a HW97 in .177 with a Bushnell Elite 4200 scope on Cadwell Bags. The average velocity was 788 fps with an ES of 29. About 2/3rds thru I had to change pellet tins and it caused me to have to align the cross hairs to the left edge and bottom of the circle and adjust form there for POI.
The last 10 shots were the hardest.

I envy how most of you are able to load these really big photos - can you explain how you are doing that?

manabeknivesTook another 100 shots for the Challenge
I used the 1/4 circle only Bullseyes using my RAW HM1000X .22. The distance is my standard 13m. The pellets are 18.1 JSB in a 5.53 head. the scope is a Hawke 8-32x56 with the magnification set on 8x. Thanks for playing...Mike

Wait I thought the yardage for this challenge was supposed to be 20 yards? Which leads to the next question, why not 25 yards (just like a BR competition)?

I haven't had a chance to participate yet, but I promise that sooner or later I will.