• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Our "Wannabe like Manabe" challenge ;-) 4/25/15

I decided to switch rifles and use my FX Royale 400 sporter. The scope I was using is a Hawke Airmax SF 30 8-32x50. I was using 32x. The pellets are JSB Jumbo Heavies 18.13g with a 5.53 head. The carbon fiber look is hydrographic decals. The rifle looks like this

And the Target is a 100 shot target with a 1/4 circle. Shot from a distance of 13m off of sandbags

"Ben10"I gave it a go last night, I didn't have time for the full 100 as I only had around 15 minutes. 

As promised, the 12ftlb .177 falcon was going to be the gun of choice @ 20 yards. Using bipod and rear bag. The scope is only a 3-9 power and has a fixed parallax at 35 yards. 

I spent the first row and a half getting the scope dialled in to the range and then let fly with a bunch more. I forgot to mention, this gun has a stiff single stage trigger which adds an element of difficulty for me. 

i was amazed at how difficult it was to see those little target dots through 9x power with a slight blur thanks to parallax
Way to go Ben, those last 10 shots were awesome and on 9 power to boot! Haha, all you guys got me bringing up the rear! LOL!

"manabeknives"For this weeks Wannabe Like Manabe  Challenge I decided to go with a smaller target for myself, since I can only shoot at 13m, while the rest of you are shooting at least 20 yards or more. The target I've decided to use is one of Ed Canoles 100 shot 1/4 dot only targets
They look like this
1422812916_669564603_100_.25Circles.jpg

Just open the image in a new tab and print

Also available was a 100 shot 3/8 diameter circle only which is a little easier

1420547269_2018374839_100.375Circles.jpg

My target was shot using my RAW HM1000x in.22 with a Hawke Sidewinder 8-32x56 shot on 8x power from mt standard distance of 13 m

There is also on more target for those who like more than a one ring target and shoot beyond 25 yards

The object is to get Bulls-eyes!!! use any scope at any magnification you like at any distance no closer than 13m, Good luck with your shooting
Mike
Wow Mike. Thanks for the targets. As always, you have set the bar for precision! Hope I can find time to get some more trigger time in this weekend!

"manabeknives"I decided to switch rifles and use my FX Royale 400 sporter. The scope I was using is a Hawke Airmax SF 30 8-32x50. I was using 32x. The pellets are JSB Jumbo Heavies 18.13g with a 5.53 head. The carbon fiber look is hydrographic decals. The rifle looks like this

And the Target is a 100 shot target with a 1/4 circle. Shot from a distance of 13m off of sandbags

Holy smokes Mike. All your rifles are lights out accurate in your hands! I see why you recommended the Royal and the 5.53 heads. I just don't do the rifle justice. Did you sort your pellets? I've got to build a stable rest and start using a rear bag and improve my game. Love the inspiration from all of you sharp shooters ;-)

Had a really big day of target shooting today. I have six rifles and shot six targets. 80 shots per target. My pellet trap isn't tall enough for the last 20 kill zones.

I shot all targets at only 20yds. Air Arms s500, Cricket Carbine, FX 400, and Marauder all shot from my Caldwell lead sled. Figured I needed all the stability I could get.
I even broke down and shot my one and only springer AA TX 200 HC in .22 cal. Had it and my .50 cal Shinsung Dragon Slayer bag rested. They like to move a little when fired.
Renae snuck pictures of me when I was shooting the TX. Gives you an idea of my setup.

I lined up all six rifles and took pics of them.

And six targets. That Dragon Slayer really makes a mess of things ;-)

Started the morning with my .177 (10.34 gr JSB's ) Air Arms S500 on the sled with Mamba Lite scope on x16 power for 80 shots and refilled the rifle with air after each 30 shots. The wind was very mild. Couldn't see much movement with the tree limbs, but could feel a breeze across my ankles from time to time.

Next is my .25 cal Cricket Carbine on the sled. Target shot on 2 fills with the 25.39 gr JSB's Hawke Sidewinder Scope on x32 power

Third is the .22 cal FX Royale 400 shooting the 18.13 gr JSB's with MTC Genesis on x20 power

Fourth is the .177 ( 10.34 gs JSB's) Gen 1 Benjamin Marauder Leapers scope on x12 power. I ran out of the 1/4" kill zones so did this and the TX with the 3/8" kill zones

Fifth is my one and only Springer. .22 cal Air Arms TX 200 HC shooting the 13.43 gr JSB's
I had just slapped my Leapers 4-16X44 on her and went ahead and zeroed her at 20 yds on x16 power. I need all the help I can get ;-)
Shot off front and rear bags. I call it my Wanna be like Ed Canoles target ;-)
Not bad for a Springer. Been quite some time since I shot her.

And last but not least, the ol .50 cal Shinsung Dragon Slayer shooting the 180 gr round balls with a Leaper's scope on 12 power. Took 3 fills at close to 30 shots
It is just devastating to my 2x back stop.

The carnage of the back stop

And to top the day off I blasted 3 boxes with the Big Blast bottles in them for the grand finale.

WOW!! That's a lot of target practice!🎯🔫👀. love the shot of all the rifles lined up
Impressive results with your Cricket
Love the devastation the Dragon left behind....that's one powerful rifle💪
And what a finale to a day of shooting...a Big Bang Triple Play
That was a great springer target🎯
Peace and Target Grease...Incredible day of shooting
Mike

Great shooting Ben, Mike and Jimmy. I didn't get to give the challenge a go this weekend. I worked yesterday, was in bed fast asleep at 6pm then up at 1am, Left at 2 to meet up with another shooter in Conn. to head to Wappinger Falls NY for Ray Apples FT shoot today. I didn't do all that good, shot a 24/50 so from here on out it's FT practice for me.

Reactions: manabeknives
Wow, the road trip takes a toll on your shooting concentration for sure. It's 4 hours one way for me. I hate that drive.
Still, ya got almost 50 % and that ain't bad! I've yet to reach the 75% mark ;-) 44/60 my best so far and 29/60 at my first and third match for my worse scores
Glad you took the time to drop by here John, always good to hear from you! Rest up my man!

Wow, that's some shooting for one day!! I wish my girl would get into shooting, then I could spend all day shooting!! I have done another half target with the bobcat but haven't took a picture yet, it's sat up in my 30 yard indoor range (I shot it at 20 though). 

I gave 30 yards a go but couldn't quite get them int he circles every time so backed off and came back to 20. I also did some 50 yard practice yesterday and judging by the results I may be able to make a good 30 yard target with some effort. 

well done on the fine shooting Jimmy!! 

Thanks KZ & Ben
KZ, I'm lucky living between forestry service land and farm land. Lucky me, I can make all the noise I want ;-)

Ben, bring on those 30 yarders. I was thinking of trying these targets at 25 yds. Not brave enough for 30 yet ;-)

Thanks Michael, the Royal isn't regulated. The only regulated rifle I have is the Cricket. We're ready for you and Ted to join in ;-)