• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Our "Wannabe like Manabe" challenge ;-) 4/25/15

"Killzone"Looks like a good start John - What was the rifle, range and rest ect ...
Sorry for leaving that out. It was my AA S500, front and rear bags, 20yds, 20x with an Aeon 6-24x50 scope with field target reticule. I'm Headed out now to give it a go for at least another 30-40 rounds and to see if I can get my poi/poa shift figured out. I'll report back with picks of the bench, rifle and such later this evening.

Thanks CK and Jimmy.

Here are this evenings results, shooting the rest of that card:

No shift tonight between refills so my fingers are crossed it was just a fluke.

Here is my bench and rests:

This card was shot with pellets using the Speedy Pellet Inspector through a 7.5 magnification jewels loop looking for inconsistent skirts(not so much bent but thickness/clipping) and overly pitted/scored pellet heads. The next card will be shot with pellets out of a fresh tin. I think I need a lot more practice/trigger time to see if the Speedy Pellet Selector will make a difference. Time will tell.

On a side note most of my out of the 9 ring missed were certainly shooter induced. I'm starting to get a feel for how my gun likes to be operated from a rest.

Sweet shooting and set up John. Hope I get to give it another go this weekend. Love that S500.

CK has his concrete bench set up. He's really gonna step it up a notch now ;-)

Mike, I think we're gonna have to make you shoot with one arm tied behind yer back in round two ;-)

Lordy, I gotta hit the sack, it's after midnight over here on the east coast. 5:30 am comes early ;-)

Peace and midnight oil grease
Fuss

I gave it a go last night, I didn't have time for the full 100 as I only had around 15 minutes. 

As promised, the 12ftlb .177 falcon was going to be the gun of choice @ 20 yards. Using bipod and rear bag. The scope is only a 3-9 power and has a fixed parallax at 35 yards. 

I spent the first row and a half getting the scope dialled in to the range and then let fly with a bunch more. I forgot to mention, this gun has a stiff single stage trigger which adds an element of difficulty for me. 

i was amazed at how difficult it was to see those little target dots through 9x power with a slight blur thanks to parallax 

"Ben10"I gave it a go last night, I didn't have time for the full 100 as I only had around 15 minutes. 

As promised, the 12ftlb .177 falcon was going to be the gun of choice @ 20 yards. Using bipod and rear bag. The scope is only a 3-9 power and has a fixed parallax at 35 yards. 

I spent the first row and a half getting the scope dialled in to the range and then let fly with a bunch more. I forgot to mention, this gun has a stiff single stage trigger which adds an element of difficulty for me. 

i was amazed at how difficult it was to see those little target dots through 9x power with a slight blur thanks to parallax
Wow, that Falcon is a real nice shooter! Well done Ben! Especially since you had a 35 yard parallax!! that must have made things very difficult indeed.
Great Shooting Ben
Mike

For this weeks Wannabe Like Manabe  Challenge I decided to go with a smaller target for myself, since I can only shoot at 13m, while the rest of you are shooting at least 20 yards or more. The target I've decided to use is one of Ed Canoles 100 shot 1/4 dot only targets
They look like this
1422812916_669564603_100_.25Circles.jpg

Just open the image in a new tab and print

Also available was a 100 shot 3/8 diameter circle only which is a little easier

1420547269_2018374839_100.375Circles.jpg

My target was shot using my RAW HM1000x in.22 with a Hawke Sidewinder 8-32x56 shot on 8x power from mt standard distance of 13 m

There is also on more target for those who like more than a one ring target and shoot beyond 25 yards

The object is to get Bulls-eyes!!! use any scope at any magnification you like at any distance no closer than 13m, Good luck with your shooting
Mike

"Ben10"Thanks for the kind words mike but I'm hoping to do better tomorrow morning before I start work! A 4am shooting session should do me nicely ;) 

your ur new targets looks mighty impressive mike. Well done!!
4 am sounds like a peaceful time to get in some practice 👍
thank you for the compliment
can't wait to see your next targets
Mike

Seems to be the only time I get peace anymore! Oh well, at least I can take a couple of guns and shoot up to 50 yards indoors there. I can stretch it to 70/80 if I open the big doors and have the last 20/30 outdoors. 

Will post its up tomorrow once I hve got the targets completed. Will be interesting to see how much of the target I can complete on 1 fill, it's only a very small cylinder on the falcon (1" diameter) but 12ftln gives you a great shot count! 

Here is the result of my 4am manabe challenge. It took around half an hour and I had to fill my gun up once mid way through. And YES I did shoot the target upside down, number 1 was my last target. 

Its a a lot more difficult than you would think to concentrate for that long. It took me a couple of shots to realise I was low on air, by which time the target had started looking a bit worse thanks to a few wide shots but that's my own fault for not spotting it early enough. I also made a few turret adjustments between shots 90 and 85 (numbers on the target) actually shots 10-15 as I was shooting them. 

I Will do it all over again one night this week and see if I can make it any better.

Nice job Ben - it really looks like you was getting the hang of it on the last 6 shots and that when it gets harder to keep your concentration. At first I thought you were going to tell us you did it while hanging from your knees ;)
I don't see the distance or rifle ... ect. Can you give us the details. Maybe a picture of the rifle - would be nice.

"Killzone"Nice job Ben - it really looks like you was getting the hang of it on the last 6 shots and that when it gets harder to keep your concentration. At first I thought you were going to tell us you did it while hanging from your knees ;)
I don't see the distance or rifle ... ect. Can you give us the details. Maybe a picture of the rifle - would be nice.
Sorry KZ was the same falcon as in my picture above with the 3-9 scope and 35yd parallax. Shot at 20 yards. 

Ben
That is an outstanding target...every shot hit the circle..the number of dead-on Bulls-eyes is incredible. You must really be able to concentrate at 4am.
I'd still like to see what your bobcat would do in this situation ;-)
It really is hard to focus your mind for that long and try to stay precise...those last few shots are particularly difficult because you're starting to get inpatient and want it all to end, but you did better on your last three than you did on the first three...Way to finish it out!!
Mike