• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Our "Wannabe like Manabe" challenge ;-) 4/25/15

Thanks Mike - was using the FX -400 synthetic .22 cal unregulated - 
had the scope set on 8x which is really low for these old eyes! Couldn't dial it in on higher magnification with this scope ----
didnt want to adjust the scope settings because this is the rifle that I shoot offhand silhouette matches with -- out to 45 yards--
so I was using one Mil- dot hold under - and on some shots aiming high and to the left to compensate for wind gusts but was near impossible to dope the wind---
still was fun to compete with you guys!
next time I'll take er out a bit and shoot with the Steyr LG110 Hunter high power and put some Glass on its @ss ;)
peace and blowin wind Grease
CK
::also shot off a Caldwell front bag and rear bag as well::

"CampFussell"Dag gone CK........you're the man
You motivated me to jump back out there with the 1/4 inch bulls at 20 yds with my .177 S500 on a bag with elbow rested
I figured aim small miss small? LOL....I wuz wrong ;-)
Rattled off 50 rnds. This was the best I could do! You and Manabe are the champs so far ;-)

Looks good to me 
You've got some fine looking shots off on that target.., I Would be more than happy with those results.
Nice Shooting Brother Fussell
P&CG
Mike

"Coldking"Thanks Mike - was using the FX -400 synthetic .22 cal unregulated - 
had the scope set on 8x which is really low for these old eyes! Couldn't dial it in on higher magnification with this scope ----
didnt want to adjust the scope settings because this is the rifle that I shoot offhand silhouette matches with -- out to 45 yards--
so I was using one Mil- dot hold under - and on some shots aiming high and to the left to compensate for wind gusts but was near impossible to dope the wind---
still was fun to compete with you guys!
next time I'll take er out a bit and shoot with the Steyr LG110 Hunter high power and put some Glass on its @ss ;)
peace and blowin wind Grease
CK
::also shot off a Caldwell front bag and rear bag as well::
I would like to see what your Steyr is capable of doing. Put one of your good scopes one it and go to town!! But hopefully not in that wind!! That was ridiculous....😉
Mike

Hi All - Well I decided to step up to the Wannabe like Manabe challenge. There was a little wind here and at time a bit gusty, but since it was shooting along side the house, for the most case I don't think it had that much influence on the POI. I don't have the target you are using here so I used the "official" Manabe Target. ;)

I used a HW100-22 cal Hawk Sidewinder 30, JSB 18.1 @ 20 yards off front and rear bags. This was the first time attempting this and I thought it was a challenge. It's not even close to challenging Manbe but it give me a starting point. My pellet trap wouldn't fit the whole target, so I didn't shoot the out side rings so I only did 80 rings. I think I could have done a little better if I had been shooting on a more stable table - I was using a Cosco fold up table that flexed a bit when you got over the rifle. I didn't see if you post a link for the target you used. Thanks for the challenge.

Shoot Straight - KZ

"Ted"This was a fantastic thread. The name alone made me smile every time I saw it jump back to the top of the page. I prefer to pronounce "Wanabe" the same as "Manabe" - not the other way around. Much more fun. hehehe. :)
Ted, my wife gets the credit for the "Wannabe like Manabe" theme! Haha....all her idea and she was the motivation to get me off my duff and do it ;-)
Haha....we got another one for ya "Winabe like Manabe" he's a winner in our book ;-)

Renae said she would be honored if you would shoot one and dedicate it to her????? LOL
She say's the next challenge is "I wanna sling lead like Ted"

Haha,,,she don't play...she quit school because they had recess ;-)

Mike, you give me too much credit. My best scores at 25m are usually in the low 240's with 8-12x's. Nothing to be embarrassed about, but also not in the same league at you and others. I just don't have the mental stamina to sit tight for that long - staring at wind flags. My trigger finger gets itchy. I am a hunter, dammit! :D

CK, that was a whopper target, given your conditions. I would like to draw your attention, however, to your final 11 shots.....where you just could not be convinced to hold that extra 1/4" no matter what your eyes were seeing. :) I am not poking fun at you. Rather, I think I found a kindred spirit, since I do this ALL THE TIME. I KNOW what my hold should be, but I err on the side of caution.....and get the exact results I expected. :D

CF - any wife that give a crap about our silly pastime enough to grant even 1 ounce of input is worth hanging on to. I'm pretty sure mine thinks I'm playing paintball.

"Steven"I wish I had my Marauder now I would like to do this :)
Where do I find the targets to print out?
I will try to do this with my Gamo Whisper CFR. I am sure mine will look like a shotgun hit the target compared to everyone else's lol :)
Hey Steven, I messaged ya with my email. I can send ya the Pdf files to the targets I have.
Would love for you to join the fun!