• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Our "Wannabe like Manabe" challenge ;-) 4/25/15

"Ginuwine1969"That linke didn't work for me, any other suggestions?
I have been using the target in the downloadable post in this section.
If you can't find it here's a link;
http://airgunnation.dev/topic/share-your-printable-targets-here/#post-2336
After you click on the link...look in the black section at the bottom of the target. The target we use is on the far right. Click on that box and you will see the target we are using.
Put your pointer on the upper right hand corner of the target and you should see the icon for "Actions"....click on that and download at full resolution. From the donwload, you should be able to print your own copies.
HTH
MIke

Shot my first ever 25 meter official benchrest targets this weekend. I lasered it to 28 yds since 25 meters is a hair over 27 yds.
Shot it with my unregulated FX 400 with the 18.1 grain JSB's right out of the tin. Had my el cheapo BSA scope set on 24 power and rifle bagged front and rear.
I calculated 224 with 3 X's on the first go around and 230 with 3 x's on the second try. Not too shabby for my first couple of tries.

My hat is off to you guys who can shoot 250 ! Wow!

"CampFussell"Shot my first ever 25 meter official benchrest targets this weekend. I lasered it to 28 yds since 25 meters is a hair over 27 yds.
Shot it with my unregulated FX 400 with the 18.1 grain JSB's right out of the tin. Had my el cheapo BSA scope set on 24 power and rifle bagged front and rear.
I calculated 224 with 3 X's on the first go around and 230 with 3 x's on the second try. Not too shabby for my first couple of tries.

My hat is off to you guys who can shoot 250 ! Wow!
Very nice shooting for your first attempt!....A couple more practice rounds and you'll be beating me!
Nice shooting Jimmy
Mike

Thanks Mike, I dunno bout that, maybe if we drank a shot of George Stagg every five shots at the target then we wouldn't care who won? LOL!
Heck, I'm trying to keep up with my buddy Paul. He shot a 238 today and I think he had 8 x's
He'll be in the 240's in no time. Gonna take me a while to get there ;-)
This does make shooting paper more fun. Paul ordered a pair of scoring gauges and received them today. I just ordered a pair for myself in .177 and .22!

Here's what I ordered. Hope this is what I need?

http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=13317M

Hi Mike,

Jimmy's score will go up a little once he uses the official scoring plugs. I picked up a couple of points and X's after using them. Not shooting wadcutter pellets does not help the "by eye" scoring. The round head pellets fold the edges of the hits and disguises the actual hole made.

The Official scorer that the USARB and both international (World and European) use a .224 scorer I believe. The one I got from Champions Choice is .221
The .177 cal scorer is .1775 Good item to have to really seek out the exact score you deserve....

After we get the 25 meter bench rest down better we will go to the 50 meter distance marker.....After that, who knows the 75 yard
Extreme benchrest .....or the extreme, extreme 100 yard marker....... I have all the asphalt markers in the ground, just need to get Jimmy over on a cool day to try our luck! (Jimmy does not do heat)! LOL

"strikefast"Hi Mike,

Jimmy's score will go up a little once he uses the official scoring plugs. I picked up a couple of points and X's after using them. Not shooting wadcutter pellets does not help the "by eye" scoring. The round head pellets fold the edges of the hits and disguises the actual hole made.

The Official scorer that the USARB and both international (World and European) use a .224 scorer I believe. The one I got from Champions Choice is .221
The .177 cal scorer is .1775 Good item to have to really seek out the exact score you deserve....

After we get the 25 meter bench rest down better we will go to the 50 meter distance marker.....After that, who knows the 75 yard
Extreme benchrest .....or the extreme, extreme 100 yard marker....... I have all the asphalt markers in the ground, just need to get Jimmy over on a cool day to try our luck! (Jimmy does not do heat)! LOL

Seems like your score is going up too! You have already shot a 238...Congratulations. Man you have loads of talent!! You'll probably hit a 250 before I can....My best has been 248.
I really do need to get some scoring plugs...right now I am just borrowing the Club's scoring plugs.
Cooler days a coming up...maybe you can get Jimmy over then.
Keep up the shooting....your scores are fantastic and I am sure that they are only going to improve!
Peace and Target Grease
Mike

Thanks for the encouraging words Mike. I hope to get into the 240s tomorrow. I have so many irons in the fire at one time it is crazy. I am working on one of Jimmy's guns, making Field Targets for the Nationals as donations for door prizes and making some for me and others .Now hunting season is next month here in NC..... Time to get the bow and powder burners on target... What else could a retired guy do? Oh yeah sit around in my underwear and watch movies....LOL

Guys, Paul is one of the most generous of folks out there and he is one heck of an asset to THAGC and will bend over backwards to help promote the sport.
Paul, I want you to know that I appreciate everything you have done for the club as well as all you do for me.
You have personally helped me to become a better shooter, that's for sure. Also you have taught me way more about airguns with your expertise as a gunsmith than I would have ever learned on my own. I apologize for turning you on to such an expensive little hobby, but boy am I glad I did, with the way you go at it full bore like you do! LOL
You da man ! Time to sell some more powder burners and buy more airguns ;-)