• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Our "Wannabe like Manabe" challenge ;-) 4/25/15

Haha, that's pretty dang good. I bet you were riding that horse bareback to boot ;-)
Are ya still at 25 yds?
Heck fire....you didn't even tell us what model rifle you were shooting or any of that pertinent info like pellet brand and weight and scope settings...blah, blah blah...

Give us some details .......mare? gelding? etc !!!!LOL

Looks good Mike. On the Krytech.....how do you do it?
After you clean the barrel, you just wet a patch with the Krytech and pull it through with the JL Crown saver?
Or is it more complicated? I've heard of folks putting the Krytech on their pellets, but this is the first I've heard of waxing the barrel?
Help a brotha out.....brotha ;-)
Jimmy

Exactly how you said Jimmy! I have never heard of anyone doing this either....but thought..."What the Hell"
First I cleaned the barrel with a couple of patches soaked in OTIS Ultra-Bore cleaner(just what I have in stock). I ran the patches through until they came out clean or with little residue.
Then I ran a couple of dry patches through the barrel to dry up any cleaner which may have remained.
Then I douse a patch with the Krytech and pull it though. I do this several time until you hear it being "Squeekey" clean.
then I ran a couple of dry patches to soak up the remaing fluid which may have remained in the barrel.

I really didn't know what to expect when I did this. Like yourself, I have only heard of people treating their pellets with the Krytech wax solution. Then I though to myself, "why not". Seemed to help my rifle, but I can't say it will do the same for every rifle treated with the Krytech. Just a crazy little experiment I thought of trying
Mike

"Strever"Mike
do you shoot all of the 100 on one single cleaning ?
or do you clean the barrel somewhere along the way ?
i clean after every 25 and need some sighters before resuming
I shot all 100 on one cleaning.
I pulled a dry patch through after the 100 ...there was less on the patches then in cleaning i have done in the past.
Did not do any sighters after cleaning...hit the mark on the first shot