Our Favorite 4500psi Compressor Now Available

TGA

Do you have any Black Friday sales coming up on the Carette 2? I watched some of the YouTube videos and if I recall correctly Joe said that the compressor is not meant for filling breathable (Scuba/SCBA) tanks. What keeps this compressor from adequately filling breathable tanks, does it require more charcoal to filter out tastes in the air?

-PJ
liability more than anything :) it has similar equipment to the compressors with breathable compressors however i would NEVER trust my life to a compressor that hasnt been tested specifically for breathable air. I will repeat - NEVER USE THIS COMPRESSOR FOR BREATHABLE AIR!!!! :) thank you for the question, it gives me the opportunity on here to say that in caps. Also don't ever trust a company that isnt reputable for breathable air, airgun doesnt matter, your lungs/life do :)

liability more than anything :) it has similar equipment to the compressors with breathable compressors however i would NEVER trust my life to a compressor that hasnt been tested specifically for breathable air. I will repeat - NEVER USE THIS COMPRESSOR FOR BREATHABLE AIR!!!! :) thank you for the question, it gives me the opportunity on here to say that in caps. Also don't ever trust a company that isnt reputable for breathable air, airgun doesnt matter, your lungs/life do :)
TGA

Thanks for the clarification.

How about insight into any Black Friday discount codes or seasonal sale prices on the Carette compressor or other compressors that TGA sells?

-PJ

Reactions: Joe_Brancato
The only U.S. owned company selling high-pressure compressors solely manufactured in the U.S. is Arctic Compressor made in Superior, Wisconsin. They are mostly sold to commercial and industrial markets. like dive shops, fire departments, hospitals, etc. They start at about $10,000 so individuals buying them for recreational use are almost non-existent.

Bauer's portable compressors are designed and manufactured in Germany. They do manufacture industrial size compressors in plants in the U.S. Bauer is the most well-known air compressor company in the world. They are THE brand used by more fire departments, public utilities, dive shops, merchant ships, and private yachts. They have more service locations around the U.S. than any other brand. They are the gold standard of longevity and performance, but their compressor prices reflect it.

Alkin compressors are manufactured in Turkey and sold in the U.S. by a growing number of air gun dealers. Their service facility for the U.S. is in Clifton N.J. They are the fastest growing compressor dealer in the air gun market due to their affordability, construction quality, and excellent service reputation. Their price is not cheap but within reach for individual owners who expect reliability and service.

Coltri compressors are manufactured in Italy. They are considered a premium brand and have a decent reputation in the scuba industry and in the air gun compressor owner community. Their chief asset is their light weight, manageable size, and competitive price. They do not have many dealers in the U.S. and servicing can be a problem. Daystate rebadged several Coltri models but has discontinued most of them due to an inordinate number of breakdowns and negative customer feedback regarding reliability.

The air gun market has been flooded with a number of economy high pressure compressor brands. The Shoebox was the first successful booster compressor. Altaros is the only compay currently selling a booster compressor. Shoebox was U.S. built and very well received until cheaper Chinese compressors forced them out of business. There are too many economy brands to compare here. Tuxing, Yong Heng, DAVV, Hatsan, Air Venturi, Umarex, etc. are just a few. All of them are hit or miss in quality control, metallurgy, and longevity. Some owners swear by them, and a large number of buyers swear at them.

Carette's newest air-cooled compressor looks to be a well-designed, serviceable compressor with lots of desirable features. If I were asked to name the best quality Chinese compressor, this is the one. I'll leave questions posted in this thread about servicing and warranty experiences for Carette owners to discuss.

Last edited:
The only commercially sold compressor brand manufactured in the U.S. is Arctic Compressor made in Superior, Wisconsin. They are mostly sold for commercial outlets like dive shops, fire departments, etc. They start at about $10,000 so individual buyers are almost non-existent.

Bauer compressors are designed and manufactured in Germany. Bauer is the most well-known air compressor company in the world. They are THE brand used by more fire departments, dive shops, and on luxury yachts to fill scuba tanks. They have more servicing dealers around the U.S. than any other brand. They are the gold standard of longevity and performance, but their price reflects it.

Alkin compressors are manufactured in Turkey and sold in the U.S. by a growing number of air gun dealers. Their service facility for the U.S. is in Clifton N.J. They are the fastest growing compressor dealer in the air gun market due to their affordability, construction quality, and excellent service reputation. Their price is not cheap but within reach for individual owners who expect reliability and service.

Coltri compressors are manufactured in Italy. They are considered a premium brand and have a good reputation in the scuba industry and in the air gun owner segment. Their chief asset is their portability, manageable size, and competitive price. They do not have many dealers in the U.S. and servicing has been an issue. Daystate rebranded several Coltri models but has discontinued several of them due to an inordinate number of breakdowns and customer complaints.

The air gun market has been flooded with a number of inexpensive high pressure compressor brands. The Shoebox was the first successful booster compressor. It was U.S. built and very well received until cheaper Chinese compressors forced them out of business. There are too many brands to compare here. Tuxing, Yong Heng, DAVV, Hatsan, Air Venturi, Umarex, etc. are just a few. They are typically hit or miss in quality control, metallurgy, and longevity. Some owners swear by them, and a large number swear at them.

Carette's newest air-cooled compressor looks to be a well-designed, serviceable compressor with lots of desirable features. If I were asked to name the best designed Chinese compressor, this would be the one I'd recommend. I'll leave the other questions posted in this thread about servicing and warranty experiences with the U.S. dealer for others to discuss and decide.
Humdinger

That is a valuable synopsis of the high pressure compressor market. Your write-up really helped frame up the different options for me, thanks!

-PJ

TGA

Do you have any Black Friday sales coming up on the Carette 2? I watched some of the YouTube videos and if I recall correctly Joe said that the compressor is not meant for filling breathable (Scuba/SCBA) tanks. What keeps this compressor from adequately filling breathable tanks, does it require more charcoal to filter out tastes in the air?

-PJ
I too, would consider the Carette 2 if it were on sale.

My biggest concern was Not if it's made in China. I ready knew that. Rather WHO the manufacturer is. I have a Tuxing and can source parts easily. A quick search on this forum shows alot of trouble getting parts. Having to pay to ship a unit back you followed all instructions for and paid well over $1k for is not my idea of customer service. Eyes wide open...you will need to repair Any of these compressors so be sure you have sourced parts byond seals. I would like to see our USA resellers demand complete rebuild drawings and parts BEFORE they sell any compressor. Having one guy in the states who is an interpreter try and resolve your issues can be frustrating I would bet.

TGA

Thanks for the clarification.

How about insight into any Black Friday discount codes or seasonal sale prices on the Carette compressor or other compressors that TGA sells?

-PJ
@rodjava @PelletJunkie stay tuned we will be posting a video on wed with the deals/combos we are releasing, ill post a link here for you all :)

TGA

-PJ
Black Friday Special #1
Buy a Carette, get a FULLY LOADED GUPPY FOR FREE (a $500 value!)
Call 714-907-0067 on Friday