orioncam/scopecam recording in general.

I've had the OrionCam for a good year and half now and love it. Recently been getting back into recording and have been using the firefly8se with the noise actually on and my question is ......the videos turn out great but the initial noise of the hammer on the maverick floods out the "POP" of the bird getting smacked. Anyone have any walk around to this? I love hearing the birds POP in the video but the hammer noise is to powerful. 2nd question.....anyone have any scope cam suggestions for a 223? I tried my current setup one time and thought i fractured my eye socket because of the recoil :(

Tactacam is a great unit. I've been loving it. Easy setup & rugged. Adds about 3" to back end of scope but I put index marks so I can just loosen tops of scope rings, slide it forward & re-tighten. Takes just 1 shot to rezero with the index marks. (Go to Gerry Reba on YouTube if you want to see videos). I could get more of a "production" quality but I mainly use as a diagnostic tool. 

Tactacam is a great unit. I've been loving it. Easy setup & rugged. Adds about 3" to back end of scope but I put index marks so I can just loosen tops of scope rings, slide it forward & re-tighten. Takes just 1 shot to rezero with the index marks. (Go to Gerry Reba on YouTube if you want to see videos). I could get more of a "production" quality but I mainly use as a diagnostic tool.

maybe get an ATN for your firearms.