• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Orion the iguana hunter magazines

While on a squirrel hunt a few days ago I either misplaced or lost my factory mag.
90% of the time I use a single loader but at times I use the mag and like having one when I want or need to use it. (I prefer to use the mag when it's cold out when im wearing gloves) I have a after market mag for it but it does not do well with slugs. (Prophet 1 compact 177) I seen in a post awhile back of a new mag the iguana hunter was making... Ordered one up and received it today... It works great for slugs in 177... Cycles perfect.. I like how easy it is to load like the factory mag and that it has a sealed back... If you don't give the factory mag a little tap after loading slugs will fall out.. I'm impressed with his new mags... So far so good.... Fair price too..

While on a squirrel hunt a few days ago I either misplaced or lost my factory mag.
90% of the time I use a single loader but at times I use the mag and like having one when I want or need to use it. (I prefer to use the mag when it's cold out when im wearing gloves) I have an after market mag for it but it does not do well with slugs. (Prophet 1 compact 177) I seen in a post awhile back of a new mag the iguana hunter was making... Ordered one up and received it today... It works great for slugs in 177... Cycles perfect.. I like how easy it is to load like the factory mag and that it has a sealed back... If you don't give the factory mag a little tap after loading slugs will fall out.. I'm impressed with his new mags... So far so good.... Fair price too..
I love these mags. Purchased one for my crown in 22 and they fit the slugs I use nicely and have gave me zero issues.

Reactions: SHOMER and Jasonmc
I must have got unlucky, ordered two for my mk2 impact, bent my probe on a jammed slug, had to replaced it. For some reason I haven’t had luck feeding slugs with slug probe with his mags. Maybe my fault idk.
Hi Tony,

Slug probe you said? Those that have the needle you extend to push the ammo further into the barrel? If the needle is longer than the thickness of the magazine wheel the slug will exit the magazine before the thicker part of the probe has entered the empty position left behind by the ammo and the wheel tension will cause the wheel to rotate over the needle before the thicker part has engaged, keep pushing forward and get a jam and a bend on your probe.

By the way this will happens with any magazine, the issue is extending that needle point longer than the thickness of the wheel. It's not a magazine problem. It's a probe tuning problem.

Hi Tony,

Slug probe you said? Those that have the needle you extend to push the ammo further into the barrel? If the needle is longer than the thickness of the magazine wheel the slug will exit the magazine before the thicker part of the probe has entered the empty position left behind by the ammo and the wheel tension will cause the wheel to rotate over the needle before the thicker part has engaged, keep pushing forward and get a jam and a bend on your probe.

By the way this will happens with any magazine, the issue is extending that needle point longer than the thickness of the wheel. It's not a magazine problem. It's a probe tuning problem.
Thank you for this, that probe length being longer than depth of mag wheel is likely the culprit, something I will investigate further!
Thanks,
Tony

Reactions: orion